IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

15 minutes ago, tmp said:

after pressing ctrl-shift-n (and nothing happening), does the cart react to other keypresses?

if so, try this in basic

10 PRINT PEEK(764): GOTO 10

ctrl-shift-n should be 227 (but i have no idea why that combo shouldn't work on your machine but i'm running out of ideas)

It all cleared up. This key combination does not work in QMEG OS. In the original Atari OS it works without any problem. Thanks for the hint.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I hadn't been checking on firmware updates, so I was elated to see the addition of the SDX-stacking function. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work at all.

Here's my setup:

-NTSC Atari 65XE (no ECI port)

-AVGCART (firmware 0025, EXTRAM not enabled)

-FujiNet

There are a couple cartridges (AtariWriter, Microsoft BASIC) that have a strange boot-time conflict with the FujiNet, so I'm wanting to use SDX with the offending cartridges stacked on top so that I can defer their bootup and avoid the conflict. As instructed in De Re AVGCART, I have copied an SDX image into the _AVGCART folder on the SD card, with the proper filename; I've tried several versions, in fact (attached to this post).

The problem manifests like this:

-AVGCART boots up into the file picker

-I navigate to a desired utility cartridge and execute the CTRL-SHIFT-RETURN key chord

--If FujiNet is off or not plugged in, the bootup fails and the Self-Test ROM is active, as if a cartridge were not present at all

--If FujiNet is on, the bootup fails with a message of "Error: No DOS"

The bootup fails consistently no matter which utility cartridge I choose. I wonder if the stacking function is sensitive to the SDX hardware version (as listed here). I originally tried the SIC! Cartridge version, since it contains the manpages, but the problem persists with the "Altirra and Atari800 emulators" version too. I have not yet tried the other versions, but my hopes are not high.

SDX449_siccart_256_full.CAR SDX449_siccart_full.CAR SDX449_sdx128.car

3 hours ago, TheHoboInYourRoom said:

I hadn't been checking on firmware updates, so I was elated to see the addition of the SDX-stacking function. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work at all.

Here's my setup:

-NTSC Atari 65XE (no ECI port)

-AVGCART (firmware 0025, EXTRAM not enabled)

-FujiNet

There are a couple cartridges (AtariWriter, Microsoft BASIC) that have a strange boot-time conflict with the FujiNet, so I'm wanting to use SDX with the offending cartridges stacked on top so that I can defer their bootup and avoid the conflict. As instructed in De Re AVGCART, I have copied an SDX image into the _AVGCART folder on the SD card, with the proper filename; I've tried several versions, in fact (attached to this post).

The problem manifests like this:

-AVGCART boots up into the file picker

-I navigate to a desired utility cartridge and execute the CTRL-SHIFT-RETURN key chord

--If FujiNet is off or not plugged in, the bootup fails and the Self-Test ROM is active, as if a cartridge were not present at all

--If FujiNet is on, the bootup fails with a message of "Error: No DOS"

The bootup fails consistently no matter which utility cartridge I choose. I wonder if the stacking function is sensitive to the SDX hardware version (as listed here). I originally tried the SIC! Cartridge version, since it contains the manpages, but the problem persists with the "Altirra and Atari800 emulators" version too. I have not yet tried the other versions, but my hopes are not high.

try one of these

basically sdx.car for stacking should be "supercart" version with CAR header prepended (cart type 0xa3)

you can also try to mount dos 2.5 atr together with those conflicting cartridges, it should also stop fujinet from interfering

sdx_stack.zip

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tmp said:

try one of these

basically sdx.car for stacking should be "supercart" version with CAR header prepended (cart type 0xa3)

you can also try to mount dos 2.5 atr together with those conflicting cartridges, it should also stop fujinet from interfering

sdx_stack.zip 276.48 kB · 3 downloads

I will report back when I get home from work. ?

Just installed a pbi cable to my AVGCART. Took approx. 2 minutes to connect it to both the AVGCART and the pbi port of my 600XL (64KB internal) and then to enable the ram expansion (+512K Rambo) with SHIFT-CTRL-M.

Such an easy install. Highly recommended for every AVGCART user with unexpanded XL computers. ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, patjomki said:

Just installed a pbi cable to my AVGCART. Took approx. 2 minutes to connect it to both the AVGCART and the pbi port of my 600XL (64KB internal) and then to enable the ram expansion (+512K Rambo) with SHIFT-CTRL-M?

PBI cable?  RAM expansion?  Did I miss something here?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lewiS said:

Yes, new AVGCARTs can have a cable for PBI or ECI which make it a RAM expansion. You can buy them in my shop for example: https://retrolemon.co.uk/search?controller=search&poscats=0&s=Avgcart

Older carts can have a connector for these cables added. You need also newer firmware.

And here I've been keeping an eye on these websites for updates...

https://avgcart.tmp.sk/

https://atari8bit.net/tutorials/de-re-avgcart/

Apparently I've been doing it all wrong and I'm supposed to be on Facebook or something.

2 hours ago, lewiS said:

SIO connector is standard from very beginning. I believe that there are no resellers based in US as well. But we ship to US ?

Sio connector was added fairly recently. It wasn’t there from the beginning. The header was there, unpopulated just like the eci/pbi one is. 

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Sio connector was added fairly recently. It wasn’t there from the beginning. The header was there, unpopulated just like the eci/pbi one is. 

I'm trying to remember how long ago I ordered mine, but I know I ordered it with the SIO cable.  Wondered at the time how the ram would work, so apparently need to order the cables!