tmp

AVGCart

A photo I've made some days ago.

No problems to extract card, as long you have normal nails.

1347864333_WizardofWASD.thumb.jpg.f4b6eaba48ac501f712925008ee015e9.jpg

• Like 1

new fw beta is available

no new features (iirc), just some general speedups

some remarks

- if you're upgrading from fw older than 0018, progress bar will overflow the screen, in that case give it 30s more and you should be fine

- this beta has a fallback mechanism, if you hold left cart button on powerup, it will "boot" into 0018 (useful in case you're having issues with sd card compatibility in the new fw)

please report any bugs and sd card compatibility regressions, thanks

d019

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I'm stuck at 0017, after 0018... I have issues using the sdxside.car etc.... so I reverted back, I'll try 0019 from 0017 and skip 0018

Edited by _The Doctor__

Upgraded one cart. from 0017 to D019 and another cart. from 0018 to D019 without problems. Looking good so far, loaded several AVF videos, PDM soundfiles, CAR files and XEX files and they all loaded fine (including SIDE XEX loader and PDM player).

Have not tried SDXSIDE loader though, since I never use SDX; also didn't try the search function, since my files are well organized in folders...

Finally got around to updating my AVG cart last night, About time as I hadn't since I purchased it. Random question, is there a manual? or just the info in the first post here? 

nope, unfortunately there's no manual and the first post is probably the best source of info at this moment

but feel free to ask if there's anything unclear, i might write a faq one day if there's enough questions

Here is an old info text that I wrote many moons ago (when firmware 0015 or 0016 was available).

Maybe someone finds the time to update this text and/or write a full manual...

AVG_INFO.TXT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tmp said:

nope, unfortunately there's no manual and the first post is probably the best source of info at this moment

but feel free to ask if there's anything unclear, i might write a faq one day if there's enough questions

4 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Here is an old info text that I wrote many moons ago (when firmware 0015 or 0016 was available).

Maybe someone finds the time to update this text and/or write a full manual...

AVG_INFO.TXT 7.2 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks guys, I'm in the process of relearning how my various SD carts work.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, tmp said:

- if you're upgrading from fw older than 0018, progress bar will overflow the screen, in that case give it 30s more and you should be fine

Was slightly alarmed when I walked away after kicking off the update. Came back and saw the asterisks (*) overflow the screen, then came back here and re-read.

All is good! ;-)