IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

i have three versions of space harrier (atarimax 1MB)

Space Harrier (2011-07-05)(Hutt, Chris)(GB)[!].car

Space Harrier (2011-07-05)(Hutt, Chris)(GB)[f for older cartridges Tucker, Steve 2011-07-23][!].car

Space Harrier (2011-08-30)(Hutt, Chris)(GB)[!][optimized].car

first one doesn't work with avgcart, the rest does

i'll put in my todo to check what's different, could be related to the change i did in 0005

- fixed type 42 (Atarimax 1 MB Flash cartridge) (bank is also switched on reads, seems to help with certain carts)

all three versions here - http://avgcart.tmp.sk/files/tmp/space_harrier.rar

Edited by tmp
  • Like 1

ok, the issue seems to be that the atarimax 1MB should have last bank selected initially which wasn't mentioned in cart.txt i was using as reference

should be fixed in the next firmware update, all three files work now

• Like 4

i expect .atr support to be not really great due to the method used and i don't think there's much that can be done about it

there still might be issues with xex loader so i'm interested in non-working files so i can try to improve that

btw, please try Bomb Jack (320kB) for me, i'm interested whether it loads for you or dies while loading

thanks

i expect .atr support to be not really great due to the method used and i don't think there's much that can be done about it

there still might be issues with xex loader so i'm interested in non-working files so i can try to improve that

btw, please try Bomb Jack (320kB) for me, i'm interested whether it loads for you or dies while loading

thanks

Crashes after title screen.

I'm interested in 2 cards maybe 3 if price is the same. When is next batch coming out?

i don't know, i'm out of pcbs currently, i've ordered some more and meanwhile i'm waiting for more feedback

therefore i'm currently not doing any lists or promising anything to anyone

I installed an external memory expansion (as written my 800XL with U1MB has problems with AVG Cart) and I just found many >64KB XEXs have problems: Amaroute 128, Bosconian 128, Crownland.

so was this 800xl with u1mb? (they work for me on 800xe, i'm trying to find the pattern)

If it helps, these latest two in the above ZIP plus the two you sent me last night Phil, work with U1MB when launched from the UNO cart here. So if it's an U1MB problem, it's unique to whatever firmware you have on your board.

Those games work with my U1MB + Side2 or SIO devices.

They don't work with my U1MB + AVG Cart.

Considered compatibility issues with my Atari 800XL with U1MB, I am now doing tests with a 130XE.

last night i found out that the issues with large xex files on xl(?) are most likely caused by timing issues that are somehow amplified when extended memory is in use (as i'm learning, atari timings are basically a suggestion, not really a spec so there's a wide variance mostly due to how crappy sally version one has (if i got that right))

my primary testing machine (800xe) is probably not really suitable as a reference and by trying to fix some visual glitches on it, i most likely made things worse on other machines

i have a firmware version that should help on machines that had issues, i'm just waiting for a feedback that it doesn't break anything too horribly

(if you're brave enough, i can give it to you to test it)

• Like 1

Blah Blah, Fairy Castle and Great Escape crash for me in altirra so i either have some altirra config problem or there is some issue with them

EDIT: ok, they're not, my bad

Edited by tmp

Blah Blah, Fairy Castle and Great Escape crash for me in altirra so i either have some altirra config problem or there is some issue with them

I think you have a config problem. I just tested everything in Phil's latest archive in Altirra using the SIDE loader and they all work.