IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

• 2 weeks later...

I found a small problem with the AVG cart with SIO-mod, if you search some files by "/", it is not possible to assign ATR to drive (shift +1,2,3,4). When I select them manually without a search engine, everything works fine. I'm using firmware version 20. 

Edited by lopezpb

2 minutes ago, zeropolis79 said:

Has anyone got a copy of the manual they could message me with please - the one linked to at the beginning of the post is off-line.. I'm having prolems loading most ATR and CAS files, even if I do turn it on pressing the OPTION button.

Thanks! 

google de re avgcart and use cached version

Never mind - machine is goign now and running a self test.. 

I did get beeps but nothing else, yet certain files did like two homebrew discs did.. 

But when unplugging the SIO cable from my XE with the AVGCart, one of the wires came out of the SIO plus (a red and white one but I have no idea where to plug it back into)

3 minutes ago, zeropolis79 said:

But when unplugging the SIO cable from my XE with the AVGCart, one of the wires came out of the SIO plus (a red and white one but I have no idea where to plug it back into)

These two wires should not be connected to anything, but they should be joined. Shorting these cables tells AVG Cart that the SIO cable is present and it should use it to load ATR and CAS files. It might be that they have been not connected together, so AVG Cart loaded files through cartridge port. Which make lots of ATRs file do not load and CAS files cannot be loaded at all this way.

2 hours ago, zeropolis79 said:

Now it's telling me it needs something called OSXEX2 in the route directory - have I forgotten to put stuff in> 

that would mean that the cable isn't detected anymore (or you're starting ATR with SHIFT-ENTER)