IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

Sorry Retro Lemon, many people do not use facebook and won't is what I gather. As such they won't be following or liking the page. I understand why they can't and fully respect why they won't.

I suppose a normal web page should exist that they might personally look in on?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Sorry Retro Lemon, many people do not use facebook and won't is what I gather. As such they won't be following or liking the page. I understand why they can't and fully respect why they won't.

There is a normal web page, I think Lewis was saying that announcements are made on the FB page. And that's fair enough. It's my choice not to use Facebook. I'll check the website from time to time, I'm in no rush 

• Like 1

I never aid that FB is the only way that we update our customers and potential customers. You ae free to sign up to newsletter (bottom of the homepage), you can also send an email to us to ask for a message when such and such product will be available. The above is just one of the ways.

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Yes, you have the address in every single footer of my post.

5 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

it's still a strange world where one update social media before their own sites or shop windows... though... it's happening more and more...

Yeah, it bothers me.  I pretty much was begged to create a facebook account years ago, just so people could talk to me on it... which why they can't text / call is beyond me...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

it's still a strange world where one update social media before their own sites or shop windows... though... it's happening more and more...

I need to add it to the website to have a link to post to on FB. So be assured that it is not other way round :)

2 hours ago, leech said:
2 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Yeah, it bothers me.  I pretty much was begged to create a facebook account years ago, just so people could talk to me on it... which why they can't text / call is beyond me...

Had a buddy tell me the same thing.  Nope - I've known him since I was 12 years old, I am 46 now (he's 62).  Why the hell should I hop into the cesspool when he can't spend the time for a phone call.  It's not like I am wanting a telegraph, morse code, etc.  Call me old and out of touch, but it's not happening.  It's not an accident, nor a lack of knowledge causing the "OMFG - you are not on Facebook".  I guess I am finally old and out of touch.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Had a buddy tell me the same thing.  Nope - I've known him since I was 12 years old, I am 46 now (he's 62).  Why the hell should I hop into the cesspool when he can't spend the time for a phone call.  It's not like I am wanting a telegraph, morse code, etc.  Call me old and out of touch, but it's not happening.  It's not an accident, nor a lack of knowledge causing the "OMFG - you are not on Facebook".  I guess I am finally old and out of touch.

Ha, on the flip side of things, none of the information I provided to facebook is real.  I'm old as well, and still remember the days of BBSs where people used Aliases... still no clue why people don't do that everywhere on social media... friends will know who you are anyhow.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of Facebook's influence in the world, but I don't feel any particular emotions toward the platform itself. I use it in a very directly utilitarian way: I belong to the old computer groups and use it for that purpose only. I don't use it for anything else, my bookmark goes straight to the groups interface. No doomscrolling, no stalking friends, no anything except old computer nerds. I'm okay with it on that basis.

I'm no fan of social media and never have been, like others I was begged to make a facebook account, which I did and hated it from day one. It's not an age thing nor am I technophobic, I just don't like the nasty little system of attempts to push media, politics etc etc while hiding behind the notion it's simply an easy way to keep in touch. Don't get me started on Tik Tok and the algorithms it uses to sequence the people on it.

An easy way to keep in touch, phone, visit or email..

As for shops using FB, good luck to you, for me it's a turn off and I'll only look at the site.

• Like 2

If I may point out, the CTRL+SHIFT+N keyboard shortcut does not work in firmware 0023 for AVG. It does not set auto start on the current file. CTRL+N, on the other hand, always gives a message that the auto-start file marker has been removed. In a previous firmware version this did not work either.

i've tried setting autorun on xex, atr, car and it worked

what does it do for you? do you get msg that autorun was set and it just doesn't work? can you check whether setting autorun creates /_AVGCART/AUTORUN file on the card?

On 1/8/2022 at 12:23 AM, tmp said:

i've tried setting autorun on xex, atr, car and it worked

what does it do for you? do you get msg that autorun was set and it just doesn't work? can you check whether setting autorun creates /_AVGCART/AUTORUN file on the card?

Nothing is happening. It's as if there is no such keyboard shortcut. No message is displayed. The AUTORUN file you specified is not created. But for example HSIO file is created without any problem.

Edited by Paptak

after pressing ctrl-shift-n (and nothing happening), does the cart react to other keypresses?

if so, try this in basic

10 PRINT PEEK(764): GOTO 10

ctrl-shift-n should be 227 (but i have no idea why that combo shouldn't work on your machine but i'm running out of ideas)