IGNORED

Beeware (Atari 2600 cover of Killer Bee's for videopac)

MemberAtarian

Heya MemberAtarian! We'll be playing your game Beeware today on ZeroPage Homebrew's live Twitch stream at 2PM PT/5PM ET!!

We'll also be playing the homebrew games Marble Craze, Doodle Jump (WIP) and Mine Dig. Hope to see everyone there!

Livestream Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew

New Games on Classic Hardware. RGB Modded Light Sixer through a Framemeister @ 60FPS!

I think these will be the finals. icon_smile.gif

Heya MemberAtarian! We'll be playing your game Beeware today on ZeroPage Homebrew's live Twitch stream at 2PM PT/5PM ET!!

We'll also be playing the homebrew games Marble Craze, Doodle Jump (WIP) and Mine Dig. Hope to see everyone there!

Livestream Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew

New Games on Classic Hardware. RGB Modded Light Sixer through a Framemeister @ 60FPS!

Wow, thank you! You are welcome! :) This game has no switch to turn off music, so this time it won't happen. XD Marble Craze is one of the games I really couldn't figure out how to play properly, so I'm really interested! :)

I think these will be the finals. :)

The game concept is great, but IMO you should really do some further polishing.

The game jitters, which is especially bad for PAL (odd scanlines cause color loss) and the game is way too short. After you beat the boss it just ends. IMO instead it should increase in difficulty. And the blue bees are hard to see, the red ones to a lesser extend. IMO they should be brighter.

For scanline display use Stella's info display (ALT+L).

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

The game concept is great, but IMO you should really do some further polishing.

The game jitters, which is especially bad for PAL (odd scanlines cause color loss) and the game is way too short. After you beat the boss it just ends. IMO instead it should increase in difficulty. And the blue bees are hard to see, the red ones to a lesser extend. IMO they should be brighter.

For scanline display use Stella's info display (ALT+L).

I don't really know what to do with it honestly. I'm already using two drawscreens to reduce scanlines on level 2-5, there is just too much things going on and the AI of the people is more than going to left or right, they try to flee. I'm already using a counter to make only one move at the moment, the same thing happens to the swarms as well.

The timer overrun is minimal. So maybe you can use some primitive scheduling to reduce maximum CPU cycles. You could look for two tasks which must not happen every frame. Then one task happens in odd and the other one in even frames.

And/or try to optimize your code a little bit.

The timer overrun is minimal. So maybe you can use some primitive scheduling to reduce maximum CPU cycles. You could look for two tasks which must not happen every frame. Then one task happens in odd and the other one in even frames.

And/or try to optimize your code a little bit.

But man, this is what happens. :D The swarms have a 3bit counter using the 1st and 2nd bits of n (as p0 with the cannons and your swarm), while the people are going on "l", which goes from 0 to 30. 0-7 is p1, 8-15 is p2, 16-23 p3 and 24-30 is p4 doing things.

• 3 months later...

A little update:

• Changed colors of red swarms
  • Optimized code, so it won't flicker with PF color on real hardware
  • Added an endless mode. After you beat the boss, press fire or reset on the end screen, that will give you a stage like the 5th one, but you can only kill the people temporary.

Beeware_NTSC_0.28.bas.bin

Beeware_PAL60_0.28.bas.bin

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

oh great to hear that! Where can a cart be ordered then?

Actually don't know, Jerzy never did VCS games before, because Poland had Atari 8bit computers mostly. I, myself, don't have the money to build the cartridges, but I done the programming and graphical part all alone.

This is the page of Jerzy by the way: https://www.facebook.com/retronics.eu/

On the other hand, after Dystopia, I gonna do a really similar game to this, but with two players playing as the old and the new grim reaper and competing eachother, but, I want to do a new engine for that from scratch.