IGNORED

Any done a full cart to CAR conversion as yet?

My current (just started) project is to document everything on all the PD collection disks, look for duplicates and Cross reference them all. I've started with APX because it's easy and I know it's not really PD but it fits better there than anywhere else. I'll be including Magazine Disks and Type-in listings as well, they seem to get spread quite widely in PD collections.

The idea is to get something like this https://atari8bit.net/software/avalanche/for every program on every PD disk. Including instructions as well (or manuals if they exist)

I like to cross reference, it's a sad affliction :) However I'm an old man with old-man opinions and I will be using my own naming conventions because _everyone_ else is doing it wrong :grin:

Edited by Mr Robot
  • Like 2

My current (just started) project is to document everything on all the PD collection disks, look for duplicates and Cross reference them all. I've started with APX because it's easy and I know it's not really PD but it fits better there than anywhere else. I'll be including Magazine Disks and Type-in listings as well, they seem to get spread quite widely in PD collections.

The idea is to get something like this https://atari8bit.net/software/avalanche/for every program on every PD disk. Including instructions as well (or manuals if they exist)

I like to cross reference, it's a sad affliction :) However I'm an old man with old-man opinions and I will be using my own naming conventions because _everyone_ else is doing it wrong :grin:

Awesome website!

Awesome website!

Thanks very much! It's very much a WIP at the moment so I'm not really trying to advertise it or anything yet. I'm not even sure I'm sticking with the design, I jut can't get myself happy with it.

Hi MrRobot, you, old man....Nah...I'm 57 this year, I still feel 20 in my head (shame the body does not agree), I think its amazing work you are doing and its just wonderful to see someone actually have the patience and dedication to bother with this stuff, it needs to be done but life just throws us curve balls all the time.

Well done that man with your ongoing project, off to have a look at your site now as its just been voted awesome by Philsan whose word I trust :)

Edit: yup, lovely site, I remember being here before...

PS, under games, why is Star Raiders a self test screen :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Hi MrRobot, you, old man....Nah...I'm 57 this year, I still feel 20 in my head (shame the body does not agree), I think its amazing work you are doing and its just wonderful to see someone actually have the patience and dedication to bother with this stuff, it needs to be done but life just throws us curve balls all the time.

Well done that man with your ongoing project, off to have a look at your site now as its just been voted awesome by Philsan whose word I trust :)

Edit: yup, lovely site, I remember being here before...

PS, under games, why is Star Raiders a self test screen :)

I was 50 this year so I'm hot on your heels.

The Star Raiders page is still a self test screen because I haven't captured a gif of it being played yet. Like I say, its very WIP, not even a usable website really yet.

I haven't got sorting and filtering working the way I want it to yet, not even really decided how I want it to work! LOL

Pages like https://atari8bit.net/genre/graphics/are sort of coming together but it's just so far from something I'm happy with right now.

Still "watch this space" I suppose!

I kind of wasn't expecting anyone to go to the parent page when I posted a link to the cart download, maybe I should have obfuscated it a bit!

Many thanks to all contributors! Merged all together, rechecked most of them and uploaded the whole stuff.

New archive available at https://www.share-online.biz/dl/PJ7SX68POUT8 counting 533 game cartridges now icon_thumbsup.gif

Happy gaming!!

"Fort Apocalypse (cr).car" is actually "Fortune Hunter (Romox).car", I didn't hit any other misnames in my hurried testing.

Really glad Mclaneinc posted the question/started this topic. :grin:

Thanks again to all here: you guys rock! :cool:

Thank you but there was the fact I was after something for myself as well :)

But in seriousness i asked with the hope that people would do what they have done so that many could also enjoy, the problem in here is that sometimes people are nervous about asking for stuff in case someone starts down the copyright path, it rarely happens but it can happen and also some folks just feel awkward...DON'T...

All this stuff that has been posted is around the net in various places, other places have folded but have gladly been archived and I love the notion that the old stuff gets to live on running on peoples machines, real or virtual. There's nothing in any of these collections posted that is currently sold and we as a community don't endorse that, we do however HOPE that long after the stuff stops selling that they won't mind it being archived and enjoyed.

I've shared my collection on here with some folk (poor sods, its so fragmented its a nightmare) because there's just that tiny chance I may have something they don't have or even more remotely that no one has....For that reason I see no harm in it..

In fact, I wish there was more of it....Just take out anything that is on sale now and spread the happiness I say..People who currently own copyright in here can make themselves known or privately ask stuff to be removed..

Paul...

Like the old saying about being the richest person in the cemetery, I believe that there's no point of being the last copy of a game if you are now 6 feet under (other religions may apply), archive it, keep the original, its still worth the mullah but spread the old stuff before its gone FOR GOOD..

• Like 1

If it is not violating the law/copyright or going against any other kind of binding agreement, I agree: if possible it should be shared.

It being anything really -- our A8 games, live music concerts, rare/unique photo collections that others might treasure, etc.

I used to help make sessions for the train simulation Trainz, specifically TrainzItalia, now TrainzItaliaPro. Some content was sold as that was part of those coders and creators role in developing their content, which just like any programming takes months and months (or years and years) of round the clock hard work and commitment to make a deadline. I helped a few other veteran content developers create some Trainz sessions for routes based in the Western US: primarily Sherman Hill in Wyoming and Donner Pass in California. Most Trainz content, a lot of high quality locomotives, rolling stock, routes and sessions, is available for free. I mention this here as my experience with the Trainz community is somewhat similar to what happens here: many knowledgeable folks and quite a few experts sharing their works and knowledge with the rest of the community.

As you say, but in other words, you can't take it with you, so if you're able why not share?

In the spirit of sharing -- though I should figure out a way to do so elsewhere -- here are a few of my favorite personal train photos. Completely off topic I know...but hopefully some folks who see these will like them. Four shots of The Durango & Silverton vintage RR and one pic of an old narrow gauge Pike's Peak steam engine.

Happy Cinco De Mayo from Colorado!

post-63405-0-91254400-1525532141_thumb.jpg

post-63405-0-42433500-1525532153_thumb.jpg

post-63405-0-61057100-1525532163_thumb.jpg

post-63405-0-10971900-1525532177_thumb.jpg

post-63405-0-31560400-1525532202_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fingolfin

Lovely old bits of beautiful machinery, not my thing but I love the workmanship and the call back to simpler times...

I guess many of out ages like the idea of all that but not as many can put the time in like you have so do feel a sense of pride, you have given back..

Paul..

• Like 1

In the spirit of sharing -- though I should figure out a way to do so elsewhere -- here are a few of my favorite personal train photos. Completely off topic I know...but hopefully some folks who see these will like them. Four shots of The Durango & Silverton vintage RR and one pic of an old narrow gauge Pike's Peak steam engine.

I love riding the Durango-Silverton, summer or winter. Some great scenery along the Animas.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/1/2018 at 5:03 PM, Grevle said:

Yes. Actually made a conversion of 232 carts to car. also have (OSB) in the name where OSB is needed to run. And (XEGS) in the name of the XEGS Carts. I did this Project last year Mostly for the Mist FPGA Atari 800 Core.

Im sure its not every Atari Carts released, But i believe all XEGS carts is there. I belive all the game carts is in there, maybe missing the more obscure ones only.

I would gladly make this avaible to anyone. im not sure how to link the Archive to this page. Can send it by email if you private Message me Your Email adress :)

Just drag the files into the comment box, there is a drop zone at the bottom of the comment box here

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 06.51.30.png

• 1 month later...

Indeed, all the links are in the dimension "404". As anyone back-up these files somewhere like Archive.org ?

Thanks in advanced to any new link(s) and uploaded file(s). :)

*** Update: ***

Just found out the download links here:

Edited by slydc
new info

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...