IGNORED

Coleco screen - slightly to the left?

Spector

I just got a great A/V modded Colecovision, the second one I've had over the years. I'm in the UK, and it's an NTSC one which works on my NTSC compatible TV. The colours and detail are great. However, I've noticed that the very left of the screen is slightly off the side of the screen, maybe just one character block. I don't think it would affect any games (Zaxxon's height gauge on the left hand side is fully visible), but I'm just wondering if this is something that anyone else has noticed on their Colecovision, modded or otherwise?

Could you adjust the tv picture position setting?

I don't know how to do that, and if I did, it would knock off the position of other composite modded consoles I have which are correctly set.

I'm just interested in knowing if others have had this. I suspect it is quite a common thing, and it may even have been a problem on my first modded CV, but I can't remember now.

I can confirm this known problem.

Especially on the French CBS RGB Scart version.

Just hope a new ColecoVision compatible console have a least a VGA output for centering.

Thanks for the info. I suspected it was a common thing, and in truth it's not a big problem because I don't think any games actually have anything happening in that character block that is vital, if indeed they have anything at all. It still plays great.

• Like 1