IGNORED

Steve Carden and Realdos.net

The site needs some TLC, links are broken, sections that were being tidied up and were under re construction need to be linked back to the old or new location depending on what's up.

Good to hear there's a chance to recover and get some reflection.

Every day above ground is a chance to do something good.

• Like 1

Slightly related, just went to the IRC channel, hardly recognised a name, Gozar, Urchlay was about all...

Lol, I lurk more than I talk though, but I’m always in there. ##atari is very active.

Come by and stay awhile. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/2/2018 at 8:27 AM, Dropcheck said:

Anyone know what happened? URL is going to a parked page with the notice that the domain has expired. :(

Hi All!

Yes I am still alive. Thank you for the very kind posts.  I have not been active on any computer due to the forced windows 10 on my Windows 7 Laptops by MicroSnot. When MicroSnot trashed 3 of my 4 laptops I turned all my Computer equipment off. That was August 2018. Then Tammy and I sent to Maui for a Month and renewed our Marriage vows. Several of my Atari friends talked me into getting busy again with the Atari. I was not going to reload Windows 7 or windows of any version on the internet. I am now using Linux Mint for internet usage. Since my wife Passed away in 12/21/2019 I have needed something to pass my time away. I was getting bored with tv anyway. I also have a new e-mail address. sjcarden7a@gmail.com. I spent 44 days in the Hospital Burn Ward in April/May 2019 I have a real Hard time getting around from all the surgery I had on my left Knee, I have also had so many operations on both my hips that I can not remember how many time my hips had surgery. I am still able to walk a bit. I live alone but I have people who check on me and do things for me. But as I was reading the messages I have missed I think I have found a way to make the new SDX and RealDos to both work with the MyIDE to work for you who want to use that hardware. First lets Talk about RealDos. Just Boot RealDos holding down one of the consol keys and select the Multiplexer Siov. Now for SDX. You need to go to Trub's web site download this off is web site: http://sdx.atari8.info/sdx_files/muxsdx.txt modify the config.sys like you were using a multiplexer. Then SDX will use the siov from the OS and not the internal SDX one. Do not make all the changes that a Multiplexer system needs. you just need to make sure that you are using the OS siov. The RealDos MUX Siov is the same one that is in SpartaDos 3.3a. While I have not tried this, it should work. I got pissed off trying to fix the problems with the MYIDE hardware that I tossed it into the trash. Had I backed away from the project I would have realized how to fix it. Those of you that have the necessary hardware please let me know if it works. This should work. The menu that RealDos selecting the Mux Siov uses the same Driver as SpartaDos 3.3a. by setting up the Updated SDX to think it is running a Mux should use the siov in the OS. That is unless Trub moved the Mux Siov into the Cart but I do not think he did that. Anyone that has the hardware please let me know if this works. For myself I do not like the way the MyIde maps into the Atari or the OS software or the lack of that is. But as a developer if I can fix something I should for the users that look up to the Programmers and Hardware designers.

Thanks and take care all!

Stephen J. Carden

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Stephen J Carden said:

Hi All!

Yes I am still alive. Thank you for the very kind posts.  I have not been active on any computer due to the forced windows 10 on my Windows 7 Laptops by MicroSnot. When MicroSnot trashed 3 of my 4 laptops I turned all my Computer equipment off. That was August 2018. Then Tammy and I sent to Maui for a Month and renewed our Marriage vows. Several of my Atari friends talked me into getting busy again with the Atari. I was not going to reload Windows 7 or windows of any version on the internet. I am now using Linux Mint for internet usage. Since my wife Passed away in 12/21/2019 I have needed something to pass my time away. I was getting bored with tv anyway. I also have a new e-mail address. sjcarden7a@gmail.com. I spent 44 days in the Hospital Burn Ward in April/May 2019 I have a real Hard time getting around from all the surgery I had on my left Knee, I have also had so many operations on both my hips that I can not remember how many time my hips had surgery. I am still able to walk a bit. I live alone but I have people who check on me and do things for me. But as I was reading the messages I have missed I think I have found a way to make the new SDX and RealDos to both work with the MyIDE to work for you who want to use that hardware. First lets Talk about RealDos. Just Boot RealDos holding down one of the consol keys and select the Multiplexer Siov. Now for SDX. You need to go to Trub's web site download this off is web site: http://sdx.atari8.info/sdx_files/muxsdx.txt modify the config.sys like you were using a multiplexer. Then SDX will use the siov from the OS and not the internal SDX one. Do not make all the changes that a Multiplexer system needs. you just need to make sure that you are using the OS siov. The RealDos MUX Siov is the same one that is in SpartaDos 3.3a. While I have not tried this, it should work. I got pissed off trying to fix the problems with the MYIDE hardware that I tossed it into the trash. Had I backed away from the project I would have realized how to fix it. Those of you that have the necessary hardware please let me know if it works. This should work. The menu that RealDos selecting the Mux Siov uses the same Driver as SpartaDos 3.3a. by setting up the Updated SDX to think it is running a Mux should use the siov in the OS. That is unless Trub moved the Mux Siov into the Cart but I do not think he did that. Anyone that has the hardware please let me know if this works. For myself I do not like the way the MyIde maps into the Atari or the OS software or the lack of that is. But as a developer if I can fix something I should for the users that look up to the Programmers and Hardware designers.

Thanks and take care all!

Stephen J. Carden

Well said SJC, you take it easy my friend.

Keeping the mind busy is a great way to focus on the positives.

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your wife passing ?

I hope you get better as well, although it sounds like a lot stuff is, and has been going poorly with your health.

Take care,

Michael

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mytek said:

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your wife passing ?

I hope you get better as well, although it sounds like a lot stuff is, and has been going poorly with your health.

Take care,

Michael

Thank You mike and the rest of you. Your kind words are why the Atari 8-bit is so strong.

Thank You all!

Stephen J. Carden

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, mytek said:

Cool, thanks for the sanity check :) .

And yes it's good to hear that Steve's apparently doing ok.

I am still around,  With my Wife Tammy passing away and the MicroSnot forcing windows 10 onto every ones machine I just got really pissed off with what they were doing..  CrazyBonz and I have some plans for the future. We are not going to saying what we are planning.

Steve

• Like 1

Good lord Steve, you have been through the ringer on so many fronts, obviously condolences re Tammy, losing a loved one is awful. I hope you are getting better in regards to health.

Don't blame you for being pissed at Windows 10, it had a very good go at trashing 3 of my USB drives before I removed it and went back to 7.

Good luck with your future quests..

Paul..