IGNORED

Pretty amazing Jaguar store trade in!

UHATEIT

I posted this on the Facebook page but if some didn't see this when I posted it a couple weeks ago, I wanted to share here to show sometimes good stuff gets traded in and people have talked about finding stuff in the wild. These crazy collections and trade-ins are out there! My local store took a kickass trade in of over $2000 in Jaguar stuff a couple of weeks ago. I was amazed that one person had all of this and traded it in! This is the SAME store I was able to score my Jaguar CD unit at. Unfortunately I went in this last weekend and they are now using EBAY prices for their Jaguar items so most of them are ridiculously overpriced now :( They took in a boxed Jag CD, tons of really good cart games (including a boxed Battlesphere game), 2 pro controllers, and literally the entire Jag CD library.

On a side note below since we are in the Jaguar group so we like the weird/oddball consoles, this same exact store also took in FROM THE SAME SELLER an entire CIB US Nintendo Virtual Boy collection as well in the same week, including a CIB Mario Tennis, Jack Bros., Waterworld, and even Bound High! The seller must have been hard up for cash!

post-61255-0-46272400-1525271739_thumb.jpg

post-61255-0-66115900-1525271752_thumb.jpg

post-61255-0-06209600-1525271760.jpg

post-61255-0-58740700-1525271766_thumb.jpg

Edited by UHATEIT
  • Like 5

Hard up for cash indeed! Trading in all that stuff at a store where he probably got pennies on the dollar for it all. I see you're in CO. Hmm... wonder what on earth he desperately "needed" some quick cash for? :ponder:

Hookers and blow :)

• Like 1

What they asking for the JAG CD?

What store is it? Down here in the springs is pretty dry...

This is at Level 7 Games on Alameda in Denver. They have 3 locations and have spread out the stash amongst their stores. I went to all 3 and found some at each this last weekend. The boxed Jag CD they sold for $450, I talked to the guy who bought it, they threw in some games with it for him also.

ebaying collection is a pain, people can claim didnt get etc, if store gave a descent amount, he may not of even invested much, i got a jag/jagcd unit at a local 10 years ago pre avgn review 60 bucks, boxed games cd/carts could be found 10 to 15 range or lots of 6 $100.

but if u have a kid he goes to er after insurance van still be 500plus. car breaks down 500 bucks, ac on house another 1000, all in a month or 2 time period gots to give up something. it happens, not a fun day, hopefully it was because no time to play...

• Like 1

It could also be he moved on w/life, didn't want a bunch of stuff he doesn't use anymore taking up space and decided to go the most stress free route to get rid of his collections. I have to say selling games I don't use anymore is quite satisfying. Ideally the seller, the store and the buyers will all be happy.

• Like 7

Just wow. Robinson's Requiem... no Battlesphere, but still rare. This was obviously someone connected with the community in relatively recent times.

That's exactly what I yhoight. Because they also told me he traded in a spindle of burned games as well, like a bunch of homebrew games you'd likely have to have been on the forum to have gotten, as well as a bunch of the Black Ice White Noise versions.

I was there last weekend and saw Robinson's Requiem which is the one I still want to get.

It could also be he moved on w/life, didn't want a bunch of stuff he doesn't use anymore taking up space and decided to go the most stress free route to get rid of his collections. I have to say selling games I don't use anymore is quite satisfying. Ideally the seller, the store and the buyers will all be happy.

Yeah... I mean... Battlesphere, I have to figure that because that's in there. The guy needed cash immediately. That's a $500+ game on eBay on any day. He had to know it. Even the laziest man would unload everything else, and still eBay that and the CD drive. But... yeah... I hear ya. I'm the same way. Sometimes I just give stuff away cause I don't want to deal with it.

Just wow. Robinson's Requiem... no Battlesphere, but still rare. This was obviously someone connected with the community in relatively recent times.

Yeah, that was my thought too. That person was almost certainly on here as well. You don't get all those games from the different after-production producers without having a central location to find them.

He even has World Tour Racing, the newer version that was in the cartridge box.

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 1

Yeah... I mean... Battlesphere, I have to figure that because that's in there. The guy needed cash immediately. That's a $500+ game on eBay on any day. He had to know it. Even the laziest man would unload everything else, and still eBay that and the CD drive. But... yeah... I hear ya. I'm the same way. Sometimes I just give stuff away cause I don't want to deal with it.

I've been starting with my higher ticket items, so there's motivation to list the stuff. When I get down to the $5 games I don't know what I'll do, it's not worth the time spent to box up something so cheap. I'll probably do what this guy did and walk to the local retro shop and trade it in.

Nice collection! All the stores around here do the ol eBay prices crap too. It's not "let's look at what ended listings average out too" either, it's "what's the higher BIN price on eBay for the item". Usually the BIN is high so nobody buys it on eBay. I can pretty much always get games cheaper on eBay than at the stores for this reason. Just bid on an auction or wait for a more realistic BIN to show up. No fun at all in that though. It's tough to find stuff in the wild. Even the thrift stores sell on eBay and a lot of the junk shops price accordingly as well. eBay...the universal price guide for EVERYTHING!

:(

Supposedly they gave the guy a good trade on this stuff since he comes in there all the time. He also traded in that entire CIB US Virtual Boy collection as well and has traded in some other random and rare items (CIB FM Towns Marty) and I believe even a boxed Sega CDX too. So they have good rapport with the guy.

As for pricing it surely does suck as they used to have some stuff priced reasonably, but with Jaguar stuff shooting up in price online I think they are capitalizing on that. I talked with them and they want $200 for the loose Pro Controller, $250 for the boxed Pro Controller, $200 for the boxed Braindead 13, $140 for the boxed Zero 5, and I know they sold the CIB Jaguar CD for $450 immediately but I guess threw in some other stuff. I hear things are negotiable but still crazy in prices.

Luckily this is the same place I got my loose near mint Jaguar CD unit for $200, which still is a lot compared to what prices used to be but in today's market $200 for a Jaguar CD is pretty good and I was happy to finally get one and experience the library and the homebrew market.

I don't think their Braindead price is too far off for a brick and mortar, especially if they're willing to negotiate a bit. It's a seller's market on the Jag.

I was really surprised it was $200! I must have been off on my values but I thought Braindead 13 was going for around $100 or so. I've tried that game on Saturn and 3DO and I found it terrible personally. I can;t seem to get the timing sequences down on any of those timing/click type games (Space Ace, Dragon's Lair, Braindead 13, or hell even on Sewer Shark) regardless of the system I am just bad at those ones I think.