IGNORED

Reproduction Activision patches

Opry99er

Howdy! Its been a long time since I visited the 2600 sub forum, so forgive me if this has been covered in the past few months.

Does anyone make reproduction Activision patches? Ive earned patches on 3 games and the patches are expensive and hard to find. I dont need high dollar collectors items, just looking to post up some patches near my game station when theyre earned.

Below are my Laser Blast and Seaquest patch scores. I also got Oink! done a Few years ago but I cant seem to find the screen pic.

Laser BlastI could have gone on for a million, but I dont know if Im ready for that marathon just yet. :)

Thanks in advance.

post-24953-0-85925400-1525275722_thumb.jpeg

post-24953-0-29438200-1525275743_thumb.jpeg

very cool! i broke 10k in River Raid last night and I thought I was a friggin' wizard (lol, i'm terrible at these games but i enjoy them)

i don't know if this site has accurate pricing or if it's even really still a thing, but i came across http://www.activisionpatches.com/looking for the same thing.

I think that repro patches would be a cool idea, too; i collectors were concerned about the authenticity, maybe the repro patches could have like an 'R' stitched to differentiate between the Real Deal and the repros.

*mental note: pick up an Enduro cart*

• Like 2

Enduro is probably my favorite Atari game right now.... epic epic game, extremely well executed and challenging. The visuals and sounds are spot on and the controls are equally good. :)

I have the feeling that I will earn a patch some time this year... just need to put the time in.

Seaquest is also one of my favorites. 50k on Seaquest is very doable and was the first patch I earned.

Howdy! Its been a long time since I visited the 2600 sub forum, so forgive me if this has been covered in the past few months.

Does anyone make reproduction Activision patches? Ive earned patches on 3 games and the patches are expensive and hard to find. I dont need high dollar collectors items, just looking to post up some patches near my game station when theyre earned.

Below are my Laser Blast and Seaquest patch scores. I also got Oink! done a Few years ago but I cant seem to find the screen pic.

Laser BlastI could have gone on for a million, but I dont know if Im ready for that marathon just yet. :)

Thanks in advance.

Just make sure if you do try for a million in Laser Blast, you dont "Drop the Mic" (joystick). Back when it first got released, I was so ecstatic when I reached a million, after i cant remember how many hours, I dropped the stick to grab the camera, and reset the game. (didnt read in the instructions that pushing up on the stick was a reset!)

I think that repro patches would be a cool idea, too; i collectors were concerned about the authenticity, maybe the repro patches could have like an 'R' stitched to differentiate between the Real Deal and the repros.

I'd be interested in repro patches. BTW, Space Cactus Canyon offers a patch...while supplies last.

post-21941-0-86936100-1525300486.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I very near having 100 Freeway patches made.  Without the TM to differentiate from the original.  I don't like selling stuff that isn't clear it's a repro.  As it looks at this moment (mockup stage), patch looks good.  And aside from the TM omission, font isn't perfect (mainly on the C in "Save the Chicken Foundation" part) and there are a couple other small differences.  Again, otherwise what I'm seeing looks fantastic.  We'll see when we get to sample stage.

From there, maybe I'll do more if it works out OK.

My quest is to earn all the patches.  Then it was to buy them all on eBay and throw them on a jean jacket.  But I'm not 100% cool with throwing 100s of $$$ on patches on a jean jacket, essentially devaluing them upon the touch of the iron.  So I thought ... hmm, repros!

Why Freeway to start?  First Activision game I got.  And that's another story.

Here's the vid I earned the Save the Chicken Foundation patch in.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

So ... I did end up doing those Freeways repro patches.  Made 100.  Original price point was gonna be like $8.  But I list them for $4.75 on the biggest auction site.  If you're interested, just go there and look up Freeway Repro Patch.  Should be the first thing probably that comes up.  Looking to do more soon for other games.  Prob will make a bigger post.  Been selling for months and finally decided I should pub my hard work at least a little.

Even considered putting together a repro patch syndicate where like 45 of us each make a patch -- approx #; one person per patch -- and then we'd all be able to get them around $5 apiece if people agreed to set same price point and be cool.

I've sold approx 25 so far.  And everybody has been really happy.  I was elated how they came out after multiple edits with my supplier.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Excellent! I didn't know these existed until I saw the post on facebook by the creator asking if people were in for a recreation of the Pitfall patch!!

As soon as I knew about it, I jumped on ebay and snagged one of the Freeway patches!! Finally.......the reward for the patch I earned in the 80's but never got, and at an excellent price!! Thank you so much for doing this!!  Now I just have to wait patiently for the Space Shuttle patch.........

• 1 month later...

FYI: I sell a repro Freeway patch ... and now did a Pitfall! repro.  Gonna do a giveaway on my Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/mattbuc16) this weekend if I can get a whopping 15 viewers.  Haven't decided the time.  Probably won't get 15 viewers.  But they'll be on the big auction site soon ... just like my Freeway patches were.

Edited by mattbuc16

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 10:47 PM, mattbuc16 said:

FYI: I sell a repro Freeway patch ... and now did a Pitfall! repro.  Gonna do a giveaway on my Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/mattbuc16) this weekend if I can get a whopping 15 viewers.  Haven't decided the time.  Probably won't get 15 viewers.  But they'll be on the big auction site soon ... just like my Freeway patches were.

Do you have any repro Freeway patches left to sell? I've been looking for one for a friend.