IGNORED

CH Products Atari Joystick

DoctorSpuds

So I found this controller in a friend of mine's basement and he's convinced that it's worth something.

Looking on Ebay and even doing a basic google image search we were only able to find variations of this joystick for IBM pc's and Apple II computers.

Have you ever seen this controller before and what do you think it's worth if anything?

post-62222-0-83157100-1525295562_thumb.jpgpost-62222-0-53801800-1525295570_thumb.jpgpost-62222-0-60845100-1525295576_thumb.jpg

This is called the Mach III (or maybe you have the Mach II) and it came in different configurations for different computers. CH makes nice controllers but I don't think this one is anything special. I'm one of those turdburglars who prefers modern controllers so take my opinion with a spoonful of salsa. I also think poorly of people who find old $hit and their first thought is, "how much can I get for this?"

You could get in touch with the person who posted this question in the CH forum and offer it up:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8764-is-it-possible-to-connect-a-ch-mach-iii-to-an-atari-style-9-pin-port/&tab=comments#comment-54592

I have a CH Mach III joystick, and I'm looking for a way to use it on an Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, and Commodore 64. Is there an adapter I can buy? Does it need to be a special purpose adapter with a microcontroller or can it be a pass through?

My joystick has a DA-15 pin connector with 7 actual pins.

I seriously doubt it's worth more than twenty bucks, and that's only if you can find someone who wants to play Atari (C64, Vic20, etc) games with a floppy beige analog-style joystick.

• Like 2

That joystick was barely adequate for the Apple ][ BITD... modified to "work" digitally with an Atari, Commodore, etc. - hell no. This is something I'd have included in a box of donations to the Salvation Army or Saint Vinnie's if I ran across it in a bulk deal or something.

That looks very much like a rewire job, just like uptoknowgood mentioned.

That Atari logo on the cable seems to be a key there...

In any case I have to wonder... does it work ok? How does it feel?

Any chance of opening it up and taking a picture, I would love to see the wiring job in that if it is possible... sounds like an interesting project someone did.

does it work ok? How does it feel?

Any chance of opening it up and taking a picture, I would love to see the wiring job in that if it is possible... sounds like an interesting project someone did.

Yep Its a Mod Job and it's quite messy. When being used you have to hold the controller backwards because it was wired in reverse. It also has a dead zone the size of Kansas

Yes that is Duct Tape.

CH Products Controller Mod 3

CH Products Controller Mod 2

CH Products Controller Mod 1

• Like 1

Joystick?

That is a Sad-stick.....

While I appreciate creative engineering, it hurts to see classic controllers rising from the grave only to be duct taped back to death...

I have to be honest here... I think whoever created that thought that he can improve his Kaboom! score with a joystick...

In any case thank you for opening up the controller and releasing the blue genie..