IGNORED

Mighty Mast Star Galaxy pinball adapter question, and a few other questions

I know, this isn't an official authentic real pinball machine, and is kind of a toy, but I like it, lol.

I recently had one shipped to me brand new from Australia. As expected it came with a European adapter, and I live in North America so obviously I can't use the European adapter, so I have been using a Zizzle Pirates of Carribean adapter. My question is, is it safe for me to use the Zizzle adapter? It seems to work okay, but I'm not sure how safe it is. Is there a recomended north american adapter that any of you would suggest I use? Besides the Zizzle adapter, I also picked up a different aftermarket another adapter that works like the Zizzle one. It's a

Universal Adapter made in China, with adjustable settings. It seems like it makes the Star Galaxy game work stronger like it's getting more power than the when I use the Zizzle one.

It says, Model:ST-A-070-002U002AAT

And it has button that adjusts the output.

The Input says, Input:100-240-1.5A(1.5) 50-60Hz

The Output which is adjustable says,

Output:15V/16V/18.5V/19.5V/20V/22V/24V which I keep on 22V

The Wattage is 70W Max

Both adapter seem to work good, but the Pinball Machine seems to work stronger when I use the Universal adjustable adapter than when I use the Zizzle adapter.

Anyway, does anyone know what kind of North American Adapter i should get and would be safe and just right for the Star Galaxy Pinball game?

Or are the ones I have already fine?

And one more question, the spinner seems like it hits the ball too hard when the ball impacts it. It kind of concerns me because I don't know how strong the thin spinning rod that the spinner top will hold up after a period of time from wear and tear.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Just because it's not as big or as advanced as the current pinball machines on the market doesn't make it any less of a pinball machine. If it's got the core mechanics and is a joy to play, you've got yourself a pinball machine, plain and simple. :-D

I've been looking into getting one of these for myself. I was watching a YouTube video and it looks like it's easy to earn extra lives once you get the ball to score on certain parts of the playfield, can you confirm this? And if that's true is there a way to turn off the extra lives features or tone it down so the game doesn't get too easy from making the same shot every time in order to tally up extra balls?

Just because it's not as big or as advanced as the current pinball machines on the market doesn't make it any less of a pinball machine. If it's got the core mechanics and is a joy to play, you've got yourself a pinball machine, plain and simple. :-D

I've been looking into getting one of these for myself. I was watching a YouTube video and it looks like it's easy to earn extra lives once you get the ball to score on certain parts of the playfield, can you confirm this? And if that's true is there a way to turn off the extra lives features or tone it down so the game doesn't get too easy from making the same shot every time in order to tally up extra balls?

Yes it's true it's a little too easy to earn free turns. I wish there was a way to adjust it so when the ball goes into the ramp hole,you only win 1 free turn. I got up to 45 free turns in one game, which is a bit much Lol.

All and all, I thinks it's a decent game. I've had fun with it. However this is the second one I've had. On The first Star Galaxy I had a few years ago, the spinner popped off after about two months of havin g it. It doesn't take much for the ball to hit the spinner real hard.

I had recently ordered a brand new one from amazon, and everything works great, except i am still concerned about the spinner because of the previous experience I had with the last one I had. Every time the ball hits it, I cringe a little. I was thinking maybe the aftermarket charger might be generating too much power or somthing. That's why I was asking if anyone knew if the charger could be an issue. I also use a Zizzle adapter.

I own a few full sized arcade machines "Congo" and "Gorgar", but for some i still really like the Star Galaxy 3/4th sized one just as much. It looks so small standing next to my Congo and Gorgar. I tell people that Star Galaxy is Gorgar and Congo's cute little new born baby. Lol

I also a pirates and marvel heroes Zizzle machines, which are very similar to the Star Galaxy.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

I hear you about the kick out holes. The Tomy tabletop pinball machines (like Astro Shooter and American Pinball) are, in my opinion, some of the closest examples that one can get to a full size pinball machine thanks to them having many of the perks including the reactive bumpers, kick out holes, a left orbit that leads to a cellar hole that shoots out the ball after racking up huge points, etc. I wish Tomy had continued making them with more revisions and new playfields.

If there isn't a way to stop the onslaught of extra lives in Star Galaxy, then I imagine it'd take a while for the 2nd player to get a turn, Lol. By any chance do you have, or heard of, the Saitek pinball machines like Route 66? I've been looking for one of those as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes.

I used to have a Saitek a long time ago, but sold it like 10 years ago.

I had the F1 Super Challenge variant.

Saitek had 2 other variants.

A Monster Truck and A Rt.66 one you referred to.

I liked it. They don't have as good mechanics as the Astro Shooter.

No pop bumpers or kick out holes.

But the Saitek was still fun.

It had two spinner bumpers which kind of emulated pop bumpers.

I liked the long ramp on the Saitek.

I'd buy another Saitek if I ever run across one again.

There was a seller on eBay in the UK a few months ago that was selling a Saitek still in the box.

He claimed it was still sealed.

He was only asking 80 euros for it.

It was the Rt.66 variant too.

I had messaged him and asked if he would ship it to America.

He said he'd look into it to see what the cost would be and said he would reply back to me.

I wanted to buy it, but he never replied back again and it sold to someone else. ?