IGNORED

Are F18A video boards still available anywhere?

NISMOPC

Just curious. I searched around the web. Saw that codehackcreate.com is out of stock and has been for quite some time. I'm definitely late to the game, but am interested in purchasing one.

Appreciate any and all input.

Thanks!

-Brandon

I'm working on getting another batch made. It is taking longer this time around, and I know people are chomping at the bit to get them. I'm working as fast as I can.

Great news! Thank you... (if by chance you are starting a buyer list - please put me on the list for one)

it says clearly on codehackcreate.com

Currently out of stock as of May 1st 2017.

If you want to be on the waiting list, please send me your name and email via my contact form.

I will make another batch of F18A boards once there is enough demand.

Current demand is about 70% as of October 3, 2017.

This is the 3rd thread in a month about this.. he has posted here on each thread that he is making more and it's coming..

• Like 1

it says clearly on codehackcreate.com

Currently out of stock as of May 1st 2017.

If you want to be on the waiting list, please send me your name and email via my contact form.

I will make another batch of F18A boards once there is enough demand.

Current demand is about 70% as of October 3, 2017.

This is the 3rd thread in a month about this.. he has posted here on each thread that he is making more and it's coming..

Interesting :ponder:

I even searched within the TI-99/4A Computers forum before googling it and had no luck finding any posts. I must suck at using the search function... :dunce:

...thanks for the confirmation and I'll send email.

I'm working on getting another batch made. It is taking longer this time around, and I know people are chomping at the bit to get them. I'm working as fast as I can.

Thanks for your reply to my email Matthew! My machine isn't going anywhere so whenever you have them is fine.

Interesting :ponder:

I even searched within the TI-99/4A Computers forum before googling it and had no luck finding any posts. I must suck at using the search function... :dunce:

Well, it is not always obvious, the last thread or two about it started as a different topic... Imagine that. ;-)

I know it is hard to keep track of the status of projects like this in a forum. The main F18A thread is something like 30 pages, and a lot of it is obsolete now too. My web page does not get the attention it needs either, and I know it is very lacking in updates or the information it should have related to the F18A and such. I plan to do something that about that as well, but I figured I better get the new boards out first! ;-)

There are a few main F18A threads in the forum, and in one of them I update the first post in the thread to the latest release info. But I don't know if that is obvious, it does not bump the thread, and it does not contain status of future releases.

• Like 5

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
22 hours ago, RedBaron said:

I would like to know if there are still F18A boards available.  I would like to get 2 if possible.  Thank you

Ha..you're kidding rt? I'd like 26 myself...

Sorry to give you a hard time..but short answer. NO

A few were made and then it dropped like a hot potato.. then another type was being introduced, but it too has fizzled.

BUT I believe the idea to make one that uses HDMI is trying to come alive, but again no time soon from what I'm seeing..but you're quite welcome to try and make one, like me.. haha I kill me..

If I could I would...my kids are grown now .. but I know nothing about that.

30 minutes ago, GDMike said:

few were made

A LOT more than a few were made.

31 minutes ago, GDMike said:

then another type was being introduced, but it too has fizzled

Not really what is happening.  A more fair characterization is the product is currently on-hold while last bits are ironed out in Matt's spare time.  I have held a working prototype in my grubby paws, and I can tell you it is coming and has not fizzled.  Matt has a seriously involved full-time job and a family so other things kind-of take a back seat, understandably.

I actually have an F18A which I have not yet installed.  I wonder sometimes how much I could make putting it up on auction but I actually have a use planned for it.

• Like 1

I understand that people get busy with other things.  I get that way myself.  I have only just recently become aware about this upgrade for the TI994a.  I was just hoping that it was still available for sale.  I do know that if I had 2 then I would probably order a lot more myself.  If possible can someone keep me and others informed of any progress on the F18A.  Thank you Ricki

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Cartermw said:

thank you for your response, and I apologize I didn't even realize there was an FAQ.  I guess I will keep watch for updates on https://dnotq.io/ for the sales to restart.

Michael Carter   

Things will likely be announced here first would be my guess in the F18 MK2 topic area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Did I miss it...is it sold out...oohhh....

I'll go back to sleep... but I'll keep one eye open on this thread...

And the Turkey 

Likely not this thread, the earlier thread arcadeshopper pointed out, or a new thread announcing it.  That's just my opinion though........

• Like 1