IGNORED

New Case for TIPI and 32K Sidecar Memory Expansion

COREi64

Yes, I charge less on my own shop, as I don't have the ebay overhead to contend with, however, to the states I do ship tracked air which is costly.

This case, being the size that it is, will actually cost me money at that rate. Once fees are deducted, I'm looking at kicking in an additional 5 bucks to cover the difference out of my end... So if you think it's bad from your perspective, think about me having to pay even more than that to ship it to you!

In the end, I'm certainly not going to retire on this venture!

Thomas

So if you think it's bad from your perspective, think about me having to pay even more than that to ship it to you!

In the end, I'm certainly not going to retire on this venture!

Truth is, I've been spoiled by Cheap Chinese Chit with Cheap Chipping. Your case is definitely worth the price, and as they say, you only get what you pay. Butt DAMN, it costs you even more to ship it? That ain't right.

I will tell you this much, you are going to make a lot of TI'ers 'happy campers'. Thanks for making these!

Yes, people certainly can get spoiled with the free shipping from china on a 99 cent item. Then, when you see what others have to charge living on the same continent, it's a shocker!

Just wanted to make it known that I'm not making anything on shipping! It's simply a matter of the postal service taking it from the living... The rest is taken by ebay, paypal and our lovely government in taxation!!! What's left, I get...

Back to the topic of this case... I reflected on the comment made about cooling, and have made an attempt to add cooling vents to the top of the case (in the space between the ribs). That case is printing right now. If it's successful I am going to be providing that version of the case to those who have already purchased it. I will post the resultant photos of the modified design here for your guy's review. Comments are always appreciated.

Thomas

COREi64

Yep I had one batch of "shorty" ones, very clearly marked as such..The manufacturer made them short so I put them up to sell at a lower price than the regular ones. They are padded on the back to prevent shorting against the metal case of the console or speech synth. otherwise they are identical to the original design.. just no extension on the card-edge connector.

All new 32k's from me are the standard design ..

Also if there's interest I can carry the TIPI cases on my site which has more reasonable shipping to US AND EU

Greg

Sorry for the delay in shipping your cases guys for those who have ordered them.

I was doing a revision of the case, opening up the space between the ribs that go across the top of the case for ventilation purposes.

Completed printing everyones cases, so will be heatsetting them later today, and getting them in the mail directly.

Here's a photo of the new vent in the case.

post-45854-0-47082200-1525880938.jpg

Also, if someone wants a bargain case, I'll sell the (non-vented) red version shown earlier for $20.00 plus shipping. I just have the one. It would come with all the heatsets, thumbscrew support foot and spacers. It's a complete case. It's just not the final vented version but still a serviceable case if someone wants it.

Thomas

COREi64

• Like 2

Hi there...

As soon as I have something worthy of your review, I will post a photo... The good news is that I have the display in hand.

The first batch of cases went out today (yours included)... Next batch goes out tomorrow, and I'll be caught up on orders (for now).

Thomas

• Like 1

As soon as I have something worthy of your review, I will post a photo... The good news is that I have the display in hand.

The first batch of cases went out today (yours included)... Next batch goes out tomorrow, and I'll be caught up on orders (for now).

I can't wait! I feel like a kid in a candy store with all the new "TI things" coming out.

I'm having much more TI-related fun NOW, than I had back in the 80's!

Here's hoping the USPS does not send this package coast to coast to coast like it did on the last one!

There are lots of pages on the internet about painting PLA.

Here's one I found:

https://www.matterhackers.com/news/how-to-smooth-and-finish-your-pla-prints

A few people that I'm aware of have painted my PLA models. Over the years I've seen people paint my WiModem case, my Zoom Floppy case and the Schema Wifi Modem case all of which I produced. Doing a proper job involves sanding, filling, priming and painting... if you're looking for that "injection molded" look. It is however a commitment of time and elbow grease! The results however can be quite stunning.

Thomas

COREi64

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If someone wanted such a case, sure it'd be possible. I'd just have to work my magic on the lid a bit.

Thomas

COREi64

Would it be possible to get a variant of the 32k+TIPI case that has an opening to expose the pin headers like on the 32k only version?

• Like 1

Well, I do want such a case, and maybe one or two other things from your shop, but with the shipping cost I'd like to put it all in one order and I've been waiting to see what you'd come up with for the re-designed FG99 cartridge shell.

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda like the case for the TexElec joystick adapter and hoped something like that would be created for the 32k/TiPi. Doesn't look like it's forthcoming though. It'd have to be a little taller than the speech synthesizer and possibly the console itself. And like COREi64's case, it'd probably need some sort of table stabilization because the case would just add too much weight to want it hanging off the card edge connector.

I'm also on the lookout for a new Pi case since the one I've been preferring doesn't have facility for both cooling and connection to the GPIO port. The only heatsink case (I like the passive nature of these things) that does is one made for ASIC miners, and it's not been updated for the 3B+ so I can't recommend it to anyone today even if I get one for my older Pi 3. It's also not exactly elegant.

The plastic cases with fan support exist I guess. Not silent, but my Sunon fans are pretty quiet and they work with even those dinky $1 Pi heatsinks that otherwise are completely useless.

I'm also on the lookout for a new Pi case since the one I've been preferring doesn't have facility for both cooling and connection to the GPIO port. The only heatsink case (I like the passive nature of these things) that does is one made for ASIC miners, and it's not been updated for the 3B+ so I can't recommend it to anyone today even if I get one for my older Pi 3. It's also not exactly elegant.

Yeah, the new RPi case for the TIPI comes in multiple color options and versions.

Case #1: (For RPi version 2 or 3)

gallery_35324_1027_22222.jpg

Case Style #2: RPi Version 3 only)

gallery_35324_1027_1060.jpg

The design of these is perfect, as it routes the GPIO connection out the back and the power under the bottom so there is minimal viewing of cables. Also, almost the entire back side is covered with venting. The top is vented and so is the front.

When I get more time later in the week I'll be working on a video that gives greater detail, hope these photos help.