IGNORED

No Mans Sky

Zeptari

I kinda bought a PS4 to play this game after the first big round of updates.  I found a video that was very helpful for beginners.  This isn't it, but it has a lot of the same tips:  https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/no-mans-sky-14-essential-beginners-tips/2900-824/15/

One big tip one was knowing how to travel around large planets.  There are 3 speeds for your ship.  One is just cruising around in the atmosphere.  The second is like an interplanetary speed.  A good rule is that if the estimated time to a destination is more than 5 mins then leave the atmosphere and go interplanetary as it will be faster.  The third speed is for travelling between systems or longer distances.

Haven't touched it in some time now . . .

I had a few crashes playing before Beyond, and I've had one since. I try to keep the ship nearby to save as much as possible.

My biggest issue is remapping controls doesn't take on PC.  And they changed the way the Steam controller works (touchpad as joystick = unplayable). 8bitdo controller maps as Switch controller with the buttons reversed (shakes fist at Nintendo). Not even going to bother trying a DS4 or XB1 controller, I've read on Era that people are having issues with those, too.  I'm just using mouse and keyboard until they fix it.

And that biofuel generator needs to be changed. If it took 50 trees worth of carbon to power your house for an hour IRL, we'd still all be drawing on cave walls.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 3:02 PM, PlaysWithWolves said:

Having to find save points is really annoying.  I know later I'll be able to build a save point machine, but I'm not there yet.

I've crashed twice on PC after doing a fair amount of exploring and gathering each time.  

I just get in my ship. Then exit it. It saves then.

If you ship isn’t near you , you can call it to your current position . Just make sure it’s loaded with launcher fuel when you leave it.

Edited by Zeptari1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love it when games get updates/support even years after the release of the game.

I have the limited edition for the PS4 and even though there were a lot of complaints about the game when it came out, I always felt it was pretty great.

• Like 2

Love this game. Finished the Omega expedition and got the new ship. Pretty cool. Still waiting on the new Space Stations! Really want to see what changes they made to them. Hope that they keep doing updates for NMS. I know it's been around since 2016 but hey how many games from 2016 are still getting updates to make it even better!

• Like 2

32 hours later I'm done with expedition #12.Earned a cool new ship upon completion, looks like something out of the Wipeout racing games.Was lots of fun, and I learned a few things too. Can't wait for the next one.

12 complete.jpg

yars-defender.jpg

wicked.jpg

nms wow.jpg