IGNORED

Sears Heavy Six AV Mod Help

coliver80

So my wife bought a heavy six Sears Telegames with a bunch of games for for $10 at a yard sale. I had to replace the riot chip but it works well except for the crap rf. So upon inspection where the rf box ties in to the top board where there is normally 5 leads I only have 3. I have found no av mod guides that show this board... has any one else modded one of these boards. I've done tons of juniors and 4 switch, but this is my first 6 switch and its an oddball. Thanks!

post-44701-0-94186800-1525614825_thumb.jpg

Try a multimeter one side is going to be 5 volts one is going to be signal and one I would guess goes to the channel select (ground would be though the case)

That's what I thought also.. but the out side pin is ground.. and there is no channel select switch on this unit... It comes through on 3. So assume one is ground.. one VCC... and one video signal?? Has anyone else ever seen on of these? Going to look at serial number when I get home.

yeah if you can identify which is the +5, you can put an oscope on the remaining pin to see if NTSC is coming across for the composite video. Would also be just as easy to find where that video originates from closer to the logic and tap it from there too.