IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have made a slightly modified Rev.F1 board with a ribbon cable and the power supply connectors moved to the bottom side of the PCB. This should help with the old "brown" carts that were reported to be incompatible due to collision with the connector. There are only 9 pcs. and there will be no more. This is the final end of production of the IDE Plus 2.0

20190811_173122.jpg

Edited by Simius
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear that this is the end of production.  I've always liked the IDE+2 series.  But a question for Simius and others -- what do you see (if anything) replacing the IDE+2? 

AFAIK, there is no other fast loading mass storage system available other than a cartridge-based system like the MyIDE-2 and the Side 2 (or maybe Side 3 by this time.)  Both of those are quite usable, but because they occupy the cartridge slot, they create some issues with use. SIO devices, even at Pokey 0, are quite a bit slower. I guess I've always been a "speed freak" with my Atari ever since I got my first MIO in the 80's.

Anyway, thanks to Jacek and Konrad for making my Atari use much more pleasurable for all these years!

-Larry

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, Simius said:

I have made a slightly modified Rev.F1 board with a ribbon cable and the power supply connectors moved to the bottom side of the PCB. This should help with the old "brown" carts that were reported to be incompatible due to collision with the connector. There are only 9 pcs. and there will be no more. This is the final end of production of the IDE Plus 2.0

20190811_173122.jpg

Does this mean there will be a IDE 3.0 ;-) 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2019 at 10:02 AM, Simius said:

20190811_173122.jpg

I know this is an old post — sorry to bump it. 

I tried PM you but system does not let me. I’m not sure why. It says you can’t receive messages. 

Is there anyone selling this ?

• 11 months later...

800XL models do not have the pbi power connector.  Best solution is to add power to the pbi (internally). Search AA, and you should find pics and docs.  If for some reason you don't want to do the pbi power mod, then yes, there is a mini power connector on the IDE+2.  BTW, rev c is a good device, but it won't work with 65816 cpu's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bf2k+ said:

I have an IDE Plus 2 rev C.  It works great with my 130XE.

It doesn't seem to work with my 800XL(s).  Does it need an external power supply for the 800XL?

A stock 800XL doesn't have +5V on the PBI, only the 600XL does. +5V power can be connected to the appropriate contacts on the PBI, and the IDE Plus 2.0 can also be powered from a joystick port or external power supply. If using a 2.5" IDE drive I would recommend an external +5V power supply, from the PBI/joystick port should be sufficient for Compact  Flash cards.

Edited by BillC

Thanks guys!  I am using a CF card and probably won't change this so since I will have more than one 800XL (even after I sell everything), I will either use an external power supply or consider the joystick method.  I have the little white plug all ready to hook up to something.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 8:02 PM, Peter Rabitt said:

Is the IDE Plus 2 still available???

Would like one, maybe two...

Thanks

Peter

Hi There!

The last IDE Plus 2.0  Rev D. & S I purchased.  And no I do not want to sell one.   The latest one is the IDE 2.0 Rev F. The man who builds these combined both the IDE 2.0 D & S with the ide to cf adapter.   Hope you can find one on e-bay.

Take care!

Steve

• Confused 1