Sign in to follow this  
dreamweaver7777

IDE Plus 2.0

Hello all. I am in search of an IDE Plus 2.0 IDE-to-XL/XE interface. It appears they are not for sale that I have been able to see. Does anyone have a lead where they are sold, or is anyone interested in selling one they are not using?

Cheers,

dreamWeaver

The IDE Plus 2.0 interfaces are still available. Current version is "F". Details and ordering info on the PM.

What is changed in "F" -- did you fix the cartridge fit issues in "F?" Do you have a link, if the changes are listed somewhere?

-Larry

There are two differences:

1. Another RTC chip (Rev.E: V3021; Rev.F: DS1307Z)

2. Another PLL chip (Rev.E: ICS501; Rev.F: ICS570)

Of course, there are also adequate changes in the CPLD core.

I have made a slightly modified Rev.F1 board with a ribbon cable and the power supply connectors moved to the bottom side of the PCB. This should help with the old "brown" carts that were reported to be incompatible due to collision with the connector. There are only 9 pcs. and there will be no more. This is the final end of production of the IDE Plus 2.0

20190811_173122.jpg

Edited by Simius
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear that this is the end of production.  I've always liked the IDE+2 series.  But a question for Simius and others -- what do you see (if anything) replacing the IDE+2? 

AFAIK, there is no other fast loading mass storage system available other than a cartridge-based system like the MyIDE-2 and the Side 2 (or maybe Side 3 by this time.)  Both of those are quite usable, but because they occupy the cartridge slot, they create some issues with use. SIO devices, even at Pokey 0, are quite a bit slower. I guess I've always been a "speed freak" with my Atari ever since I got my first MIO in the 80's.

Anyway, thanks to Jacek and Konrad for making my Atari use much more pleasurable for all these years!

-Larry

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, Simius said:

I have made a slightly modified Rev.F1 board with a ribbon cable and the power supply connectors moved to the bottom side of the PCB. This should help with the old "brown" carts that were reported to be incompatible due to collision with the connector. There are only 9 pcs. and there will be no more. This is the final end of production of the IDE Plus 2.0

20190811_173122.jpg

Does this mean there will be a IDE 3.0 ;-) 

• Like 2