IGNORED

Electrocop \\ Level 11 Tips

Schmudde

I picked up Electrocop again; I never beat it in the 1990s but I'm taking the notes necessary to actually stand a chance this time.

I'm having trouble with the Stingrays on Level 11. It seems that the only way to to destroy them is to fire your EMP shoulder cannon when you're right next to the doorway. Is this true?

If you step into their line of sight they seem to inflict significant damage, especially to your weapons. It feels pretty cheap, but maybe it's possible to approach them in a way I have yet to discover. Any tips?

I'm really digging the game. It lacks the depth of Alien vs. Predator on the Jaguar, but has a lot of the same level/door mechanics. I see why reviewers generally have a temperate response, but I can also see why the designers at Epyx probably thought they had a really solid title on their hands. There's a lot to like.

I picked up Electrocop again; I never beat it in the 1990s but I'm taking the notes necessary to actually stand a chance this time.

I'm having trouble with the Stingrays on Level 11. It seems that the only way to to destroy them is to fire your EMP shoulder cannon when you're right next to the doorway. Is this true?

If you step into their line of sight they seem to inflict significant damage, especially to your weapons. It feels pretty cheap, but maybe it's possible to approach them in a way I have yet to discover. Any tips?

I'm really digging the game. It lacks the depth of Alien vs. Predator on the Jaguar, but has a lot of the same level/door mechanics. I see why reviewers generally have a temperate response, but I can also see why the designers at Epyx probably thought they had a really solid title on their hands. There's a lot to like.

I just started playing this. I picked it up years back but never really gave it a fair shake. I agree, it's a bit rough around the edges but has some cool ideas once you get past the odd perspective choice. It's one of those 'the more you play it, the more you like it' kinda games

I've only made it to level 7 so far, so I can't give you any tips on 11 quite yet.

• Like 1

I've never played up to level 11. Electrocop is one of those games that I picked up well after my childhood years (when I no longer had time to really get into Lynx games like I used to) and was very impressed, but never put a ton of time into. I do sit down with Electrocop every now and then, but never for long enough to get good at it. But I've been meaning for years to give it the time it deserves. Just like Xybots, it's incredibly advanced for its time considering it's a handheld.

Edited by PFG 9000
  • Like 1