IGNORED

Anyone want an MBX Expansion System?

Chiii888

I found one recently and I'm not to attached to it or anything. I'm trying to sell it I guess, since I'm extremely short on cash lately. I love reading these forums and just thought this would be the best place to post about it for people who might be interested. It has a box which is a little beat up, but everything in there seems to be Barely Used, if ever used. Most of the items in the Box are still in plastic wrap. Upon further inspection it looks like the headphone microphone might be slightly bent, but it looks like the system has pretty much never been used.

Always curious about this thing. Itd be nice to get feedback from those who have and use the MBX.

I knew a guy who had one back in the day. He said it took up too much room for how few games were available for it, so he sold it after having it for only 2 months.

• Like 1

Always curious about this thing. Itd be nice to get feedback from those who have and use the MBX.

I've had one since a few years after I first got the TI in the '80s. It was/is a very cool equipment, so I'll post my thoughts:

-The joystick is nice, but only works with MBX games on the system. You can't use it by itself, which is a shame.

-The keypad also is a nice addition, but the overlays don't really handle usage well. Fortunately, it's easy to find printable copies on the Internet nowadays. I've printed some out and laminated them.

-The voice/microphone is largely useless. it was interesting back in the day, but I can't imagine trying to use it today. Plus, only a few of the titles used it.

-Championship Baseball is the game to have with the MBX system. If you don't have it or don't have an interest in it, I'm not sure the MBX is worth it.

-However, the speech sound is much clearer and better on the MBX system, especially with MBX games like Bigfoot. (Non-MBX titles won't be any different.)

It does take up space, but since the seller has the original box, it's not hard to keep it in that. (It looks a LOT better than my very beaten up one!)

The MBX is a collector's item only. There are just not enough titles that take advantage of it to make it practical for regular use. That said, if you have children aged say 5 to 8, they might get a kick out of the voice recognition, at least for a while... Mine did :) And then I sold it :P

Hmmm.... Idaho IS a pretty sketchy state. Being that there are about 11 registered residents of Idaho in total, I find it hard to believe that one of them is into retro computing....

You.... Idaho man.... what do you love more.... potatoes, or old computers?

((His answer to this question will determine the legitimacy of the FS listing))

Y'all don't find this sketchy? Dude says he loves reading the forums but only just joined the day he posts to sell a fairly uncommon high-ish priced item? And then throws out a phone number in an open forum? I must be a cynic.

Could have just been lurking for a while. Lots of people do that before joining of course. And the cellphone thing (not talking of course, but texting) is real common with young(er) people today. Could be used to selling on Facebook or Snapchat or one of those other new fangled Millennial outlets.

Guy has it on eBay now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MBX-Expansion-System-For-TI-99-4A-Computer-by-Milton-Bradley-in-box/232760735161?hash=item36319ef5b9:g:WIEAAOSwVL5a8Mka

So doesn't look like he's trying to scam. Just wants it gone.

To be perfectly honest, I have someone who is interested in meeting up to purchase it tomorrow. So today is more than likely the last day I will have it listed for sale. Thank you all for the information and input, hit me up if you want it. (: