IGNORED

Pi1541

Hey guys, is there a way to buy one of these ready made and ready to go at all? >,>.

Or pay someone to put one together?

It's really not that hard to make you own cable setup. The software side is pretty easy too. Just one question; Can you solder? That is a needed skill.

It's really not that hard to make you own cable setup. The software side is pretty easy too. Just one question; Can you solder? That is a needed skill.

No, I can't. :-/. I mean I could learn I guess and I'd need to actually buy the stuff for it.

I saw that one of RiBIT's customers had integrated the Pi and hat with a small LCD for an all-in-one unit. It looks neat, though I wonder if it all gets powered by a single lead or means a mess of wires. Too bad the pictures are not public, so I'd rather not share them.

Edited by carlsson

• 3 months later...

Last week a friend-of-a-friend tweeted that he was looking for Commodore owners, my friend referred him to me. The guy had a few Pi1541 hats he was looking for good homes for.

I need to pick up another Pi and read up on how to use it, though I do see that 1581 support was recently added (though the 128's burst mode is still being worked on)! Won't have time to do anything with it until next month though, have a lot going on over the next few weeks.

post-3056-0-36317400-1539358244_thumb.jpg post-3056-0-28330200-1539358258_thumb.jpg post-3056-0-50280100-1539358270_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

nice that he could hook you up.

Last week a friend-of-a-friend tweeted that he was looking for Commodore owners, my friend referred him to me. The guy had a few Pi1541 hats he was looking for good homes for.

I need to pick up another Pi and read up on how to use it, though I do see that 1581 support was recently added (though the 128's burst mode is still being worked on)! Won't have time to do anything with it until next month though, have a lot going on over the next few weeks.

I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and have been playing with it,

I was only using it with the little OLED screen and I could not get any disk images to load. I could load the file manager and everything appeared to be working until I selected a disk image and actually tried to load a game. I could not figure out what the problem was until I hooked up the HDMI to my monitor. I was getting the Raspberry Pi "underpower" lightning bolt appearing.... everything kept running,but the screen showed there was no disk activity. I quickly found my 2.5 amp AC adapter and plug it in instead of just using a usb cable to a computer usb port. Problem solved when using the right power source!

Since then, I have had no need to see what is displayed on the HDMI and just use the little OLED display.

My next project is to make a nice 3D printed case for the whole thing.

• Like 1

That it was! On Sunday I picked up the Pi for it, though won't have time to set it up until after next weekend (Houston Arcade Expo is this weekend). Micro Center also had mini Stroopwafels in the checkout aisle, so I picked up a bag as said friend had mentioned them on twitter a few times.

post-3056-0-09780700-1539959214_thumb.jpg

Quite tasty! I found out you're supposed to put them on top your cup of coffee/tea/cocoa so the steam would warm up the caramel so I carefully balanced one of the minis on top my cup, and that convinced me I needed to track down the regular size.

post-3056-0-02373400-1539959349_thumb.jpg

I found them at the grocery store in the cookie aisle. Picked up a box for me, and 6 boxes for the family gathering next week for my nephew's graduation from Basic Training. Great results with the full size, I've already emptied my box!

post-3056-0-82462700-1539959399_thumb.jpg

• Like 2