IGNORED

MiniWriter 3 cart (with novel, integrated parallel interface)

blakespot

Usually, the plus variants added the Parallel Port, but were otherwise identical to the regular version. . .but the labels often got completely mixed up, so that wasn't always a true statement.

The boards are slightly different. Both have an edge card connector in front. Not sure yet if the binaries for the rom are the same or not.

Note that yours may also have the version 1.0 Miniwriter III+ code. That would also go far towards explaining two different cards with edge connectors, especially as the dumped version identifies itself as V2.0 on the EPROM--and the schematic I have fits the board you have, not the V2.0 board.

The folder that -should- have contained WordWriter/MiniWriter source is empty but I found a nearly complete set of code from which this excerpt was copied. I'll have a look through my disks another day, on the off-chance I still have the originals.

Finally had a chance to look through my files. There were snippets of MiniWriter source but nowhere near complete.

I did find source to Sorgan, Desktop Publisher, 4ATalk (Qtem), and a few others. I don't know if anyone is around to OK their release; I came across them from another TI'er long, long ago. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Finally had a chance to look through my files. There were snippets of MiniWriter source but nowhere near complete.

I did find source to Sorgan, Desktop Publisher, 4ATalk (Qtem), and a few others. I don't know if anyone is around to OK their release; I came across them from another TI'er long, long ago. Anyone have thoughts on this?

To be honest, I am for releasing all source code so that it can be preserved for history, more than anything else really.

This is for a system that is now 40 years old. Tend to agree that for new homebrew software for the Ti-99/4a it is up to the author to decide how to deal with it.

• Like 3