IGNORED

Adam to SGM nominations?

Swami

As we all know, numerous Adam high performance games have been ported to the ColecoVision. Do you think Grogs Revenge with the extra caves and Temple of Apshai would be worthy ports? I think many would agree the Dam Busters supergame may not warrant porting.

Any other Adam games warrant porting to the CV as SGM required games?

How about when there is keyboard support on one of the new CV console models

While we're on the subject. Anybody ever buy one of the arcade cabinet boxed super games even though you didnt have an Adam, just because they look so cool? I know Ive been tempted.

Unless my memory of Temple of Apshai on the C64 from many years ago is unreliable, it's not what I'd term thrilling. Not that I didn't (try to) play the heck out of it back then (before succumbing to frustration). I think I got more out of leafing through the dungeon description handbook than engaging the actual game.

On the other hand, it kinda does its own thing, and I guess I can respect it for that. I know it was a strong seller back in the day, but do others, in hindsight, think this first ToA title measures up as even average in terms of gameplay?

As we all know, numerous Adam high performance games have been ported to the ColecoVision. Do you think Grogs Revenge with the extra caves and Temple of Apshai would be worthy ports? I think many would agree the Dam Busters supergame may not warrant porting.

Any other Adam games warrant porting to the CV as SGM required games?

How about when there is keyboard support on one of the new CV console models

While were on the subject. Anybody ever buy one of the arcade cabinet boxed super games even though you didnt have an Adam, just because they look so cool? I know Ive been tempted.

I bought the Zaxxon and Donkey Kong Jr arcade cabinet boxed Adam games, but it was after I bought an Adam. I was decades late to the party on both counts. I had a ColecoVision as a kid, but never knew about the Adam until many years later. The mid-80's home computer in my household was a TRS-80 Color Computer 2.

Unless my memory of Temple of Apshai on the C64 from many years ago is unreliable, it's not what I'd term thrilling. Not that I didn't (try to) play the heck out of it back then (before succumbing to frustration). I think I got more out of leafing through the dungeon description handbook than engaging the actual game.

On the other hand, it kinda does its own thing, and I guess I can respect it for that. I know it was a strong seller back in the day, but do others, in hindsight, think this first ToA title measures up as even average in terms of gameplay?

I haven't played Temple of Apshai, but my older brother and I would play Gateway to Apshai on Coleco Vision frequently when we were kids. I still enjoy going back to it on occasion today.

• Like 1

I haven't played Temple of Apshai, but my older brother and I would play Gateway to Apshai on Coleco Vision frequently when we were kids. I still enjoy going back to it on occasion today.

Despite the common naming, two completely different styles of play involved.

I paid big bucks for the arcade cabinet adam games and not only do I not own an Adam, I have absolutely no intention to ever own one. NIAD even tried to get me to get one when he had his extras around souped up with all the games and everything. NOPE!

• Like 1

I paid big bucks for the arcade cabinet adam games and not only do I not own an Adam, I have absolutely no intention to ever own one. NIAD even tried to get me to get one when he had his extras around souped up with all the games and everything. NOPE!

I can't disagree. All I see on the internet now for these are the old Atari Age entries like this from 2011, and that scruffy Zaxxon one that's been on eBay forever.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/188449-colecovisionadam-super-donkey-kong-and-super-dk-junior-cib-for-the-adam/

Temple of Apshai for the ADAM was close to completion as far as I recall and some ADAM hackers fixed a number of issues in the late 80s when it was made available in the public domain, but really wouldn't be a worthwhile port to CV cartridge format. Stick to Gateway to Apshai if you need an Apshai fix.

The only other ADAM only games that are of good enough quality to merit a port would be the game show games Family Feud and Jeopardy, but then you would either need a keyboard for input or the entire game control to be rewritten to use the hand controller for input which would be no easy feet.

ADAM Grog's Revenge compared to CV Grog's Revenge... not enough there to warrant a port.

The Best of Electronics Arts....

Pinball Construction Set? Nah, pinball games just aren't that much fun... play PinMAME.

Hard Hat Mack? Maybe, but additional levels would have to be added me thinks and game control cleaned up.

The only other ADAM only games that are of good enough quality to merit a port would be the game show games Family Feud and Jeopardy, but then you would either need a keyboard for input or the entire game control to be rewritten to use the hand controller for input which would be no easy feet.

There is something by Andy Key that is a keyboard interface for Colecovision, but not much seems to have become of it, except that Collectorvision's Comic Bakery can use it for who knows what. Maybe that is the basis for the Collectorvision console keyboard interface.

I can't disagree. All I see on the internet now for these are the old Atari Age entries like this from 2011, and that scruffy Zaxxon one that's been on eBay forever.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/188449-colecovisionadam-super-donkey-kong-and-super-dk-junior-cib-for-the-adam/

I actually offered that person $75 for it about 2 years ago when the asking price was $599, and they declined. To my benefit, a much better looking one came along about six months later. My winning bid on it was not much more than what I had offered for the one that was in worse shape.