IGNORED

CHI Friday - Companion gathering to Chicago TI World Faire

OLD CS1

Anyone going to be in town on Thursday night? We could get together at a local pub and catch up. I should be at the Hilton by late afternoon Thursday.

I arrive at ORD 3:25pm. I pick up my car and will be heading over to the hotel to get everything for the room, then errands to run. I will try to meet up but no promises.

Update on what I will have available for use at the Friday event:

* TI-99/4A (stock)

* PEB (with rs232, 32k, FDC, 5.25" floppy drive , dual external 3.5" floppy drives)

* Program Recorder

* Speech Synth

* CF7+ with 512MB card

* Chicago RAMDisk (not currently working)

* HDX rs232 (not currently working)

* GRAM Kracker (with supporting utilities)

* Various cartridges (including XB2.7, the 2010 Hexbus 512k Multicart, and a newly built Supercart)

* Powered PC Speakers

* Blank cassette tapes

* Cassette cases

* Blank Cassette labels and blank JCards (For printing, if anyone cares to bring a printer)

* 15" flatscreen Magnavox monitor (composite and VGA capable)

• Like 1

I am about to make a quick run for some power cords. We can rent them tomorrow but I am not certain for how much. I am pretty sure I can get some cheap and we can make them door prizes ;)

I have a couple of power strips as well as a few extension cords—25' 14/3 AWG, 85' 14/3 AWG and 100' 12/3 AWG.

...lee

• Like 1

Excellent. Whatever we do not use of the stuff I picked up tonight I can take back.

Also, irrespective of FedEx's attempt to completely destroy my TI stuff, it looks like the only casualty is my nanoPEB.

See everyone tomorrow!

• Like 2

I have a couple of power strips as well as a few extension cords—25' 14/3 AWG, 85' 14/3 AWG and 100' 12/3 AWG.

...lee

The 25 foot-er will be useful to get power to the other side of the room by the partition. I misjudged and thought we would have the entire space without the partition. Would have been nice, but what we have is still yuge!

Sorry, Lee... no dark side ;)

I'll be a little later than expected tomorrow. Probably around 1P

Dude! Whenever you can make it. That goes for anyone else planning or wanting to drop in.

I am getting a few things in order in the room now, then heading over to breakfast around 0730 so I can pill myself. Ya'll sleeping beauties join when you are * READY *

• Like 1

Just a note to say have a great time this weekend, Everyone.

I'm unable to attend due to heavy commitments this weekend (and, admittedly, not enough advance planning). Unfortunate, too, since I live nearby in Uptown. But I think this extended gathering is a terrific companion event to the Faire, and I'm genuinely glad to see so much enthusiasm. I hope this can take place again next year. I'd certainly carve out time for it far in advance.

I made a donation and will be there in spirit.

Good work, Alan, on organizing and to everyone for pitching in. Have fun! Hope to see plenty of photos.

- Jerry

• Like 3