IGNORED

Nes, Snes, N64 prices from 2007

My aunt bought me this back in 2007 for Christmas. I was digging through boxes last week trying to organize and clean up and found this. It would take too long to upload pictures, so I took a few videos so you can see what prices were back a decade ago. Assuming this price guide was good back then.

It has a few other sections in the back that I didn't show, but they had nothing to do w/prices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKINNtDwvCc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjwHeC0R2KI

• Like 1

This is one of those "If I knew then what I know now" scenarios.

It's crazy to see some of these titles for as cheap as they were! :lol:

I tried looking for some of the big dollar titles that I know of, but one that stood out to me was Metal Storm for the NES.

It said $5 in that book... I think it goes for like $100 now average.

Glad I've accepted emulation into my life. :lol:

Thanks for the cool share!

• Like 1

It's simple. Millennials have money now and they want to buy the stuff they had as kids. In an instant-gratification world, you can have just about anything you want.... if you're willing to pay for it.

I think using the term "Millennial's" for the people who grew up with nes, snes, and genesis is a bit much. I would say Millennial's grew up more with N64, Gamecube and such. Your principle still stands I just don't consider myself a Millennial.

• Like 1

There is an enormous split between gen x and millenial. No way someone born in 1982 could have a baby in 2002 and both be grouped into the same demograhpic. I consider millineals to be anyone too young to remember 911, especially those who grew up with internet and smart devices. Many of them are adults now. Mostly the "nes kids" belong to generation Y, which I identify with. If you're an 80s baby, you'll fit right in. 8)

Yea, the accepted definition of Millenial is anyone born between 1982 and 2000. I don't agree or disagree, but that's the standard accepted definition.

I remember waiting in line to buy Mario 3 and getting our first dial up modem, our first VCR, and I had a black and white TV as a kid, so that sort of separates me from the tablet/internet kids. :)

Remember when cable TV had these remotes?

YES! I remember mine was a sliding tab with a tuning knob at the end. I used to love getting those cable company brochures in the mail with all the movie times in them. Making sure I had plenty of blank VHS tapes on hand and planning my recording sessions were a ritual for me. Ahhh, the 80s!

YES! I remember mine was a sliding tab with a tuning knob at the end. I used to love getting those cable company brochures in the mail with all the movie times in them. Making sure I had plenty of blank VHS tapes on hand and planning my recording sessions were a ritual for me. Ahhh, the 80s!

This one? I love the wood grain.

post-39059-0-55070600-1526035614.jpg

Edited by Oldschool80skid