IGNORED

INTV GOTY 2018 results

Was the "Collapsing Lupin" version of Lock N Chase included in a previous GOTY? That feels like something close to the Dreadnaught Factor PAL tweak.

My gut says to not include Dreadnaught Factor PAL. However, if it gets included anyways, I'll just not vote for it.

I also suggest only games released to be purchased to the general public /community be included in. Not private releases or any with very limited runs. (Whats ever that is number could be agreed on by the community )

Say something like minimal of a 100 produced and released.

What are these private releases you speak of? ? I agree 100%

And that would be...?

Your asking the wrong person Mike, I have no idea but some homebrew count list has them counted so you may need to ask some others ..

I was referring that if a private release after a few years or whenever finally make it available to the general public or known to the general public that the game should not be voted on for game of the year do to it was released in a previous voting year..

That's all I was trying to get across.

Cheers

G

Edited by m-crew

There is too much overthinking on this subject going on here.

If a game is released between January 1 & December 31 in 2018 then it should clearly qualify for GOTY 2018. :thumbsup:

There is no point suggesting a 2018 released game be held over until 2019 which makes no logical sense whatsoever. :?

There is too much overthinking on this subject going on here.

If a game is released between January 1 & December 31 in 2018 then it should clearly qualify for GOTY 2018. :thumbsup:

There is no point suggesting a 2018 released game be held over until 2019 which makes no logical sense whatsoever. :?

Really? No sense whatsoever?

What if it was released in the last two weeks of the year, while most people are on vacation or disconnected, and the majority of shipments are delivered on the first three weeks of the year, and then people finally get to play it by the end of January? If that game turns out to be a masterpiece, surely it's not the "Best Game Of The Year" when almost nobody got to play it in that year... :?

It's perfectly fine to decide to include everything technically released within a particular year, but to say that it's nonsense to consider differently is a bit narrow-minded, no?

-dZ.

First, keep GOTY 2018 simple by having eligible games be from 2018 (Jan 1st thru Dec 31st).

Second, I agree with DZ-Jay's point that holding a vote in mid-January is unfair to any game released in late December. This can be solved by delaying the voting process to February or so.

• Like 2

Really? No sense whatsoever?

What if it was released in the last two weeks of the year, while most people are on vacation or disconnected, and the majority of shipments are delivered on the first three weeks of the year, and then people finally get to play it by the end of January? If that game turns out to be a masterpiece, surely it's not the "Best Game Of The Year" when almost nobody got to play it in that year... :?

It's perfectly fine to decide to include everything technically released within a particular year, but to say that it's nonsense to consider differently is a bit narrow-minded, no?

-dZ.

Well, how about stipulating that voting does not end until 2 months (perhaps 3) after the last game for the year is released.

Then it does not matter if there is a late game for the year as there is still time for people to play it and vote accordingly.

For example if the last game is published in October then voting can conclude in January. If it came out in December then voting finishes in March.

Edited by Utopia
  • Like 1

First, keep GOTY 2018 simple by having eligible games be from 2018 (Jan 1st thru Dec 31st).

Second, I agree with DZ-Jay's point that holding a vote in mid-January is unfair to any game released in late December. This can be solved by delaying the voting process to February or so.

thats what I want to do

- all games 1 jan to 31 dec 2018

- vote in february 2019

• Like 3

Well, how about stipulating that voting does not end until 2 months (perhaps 3) after the last game for the year is released.

Then it does not matter if there is a late game for the year as there is still time for people to play it and vote accordingly.

For example if the last game is published in October then voting can conclude in January. If it came out in December then voting finishes in March.

Sure, that'll work, and that's probably what Valter would pick.

However, in my opinion, the "Game Of The Year" (as in anything else "Of The Year") is a game that made an impact on a particular year, not that it was technically released then.

Like, when you watch one of those VH-1 retrospectives of the "Best Of The 80s," you don't really see stuff released on December 1989 -- it's typically stuff that made a cultural impact during the 80s themselves. (It does include stuff that was released late on 1979 for the exact same reasons, though.)

But, like with anything else, your mileage may vary. *shrug*

-dZ.

so the list update is the following, all the rest is rumor so far:

1) Beat Em & Eat Em (IntellivisionRevolution)

2) Astro Invaders (Collectorvision)

3) Laser Sharks (IntellivisionRevolution)

4) Sea Venture (IntellivisionRevolution)

5) Meteors (IntellivisionRevolution)

6 ) Intybasic Showcase Vol. 2 (IntellivisionRevolution)

7 ) Terminal Bugocity (IntellivisionRevolution/Groovybee)

8 ) The Secret Government Waffle Project (IntellivisionRevolution)

also people making a new game could be helpful telling if they want it to be in the list, or not (limited runs are a matter of discussion as suggested by m-crew)

I'm sure Gyruss is not only a rumor. It's just that the people familiar with the matter don't partecipate in the AA forums

• Like 1

Updated list

1) Beat Em & Eat Em (IntellivisionRevolution)

2) Astro Invaders (Collectorvision)

3) Laser Sharks (IntellivisionRevolution)

4) Sea Venture (IntellivisionRevolution)

5) Meteors (IntellivisionRevolution)

6 ) Intybasic Showcase Vol. 2 (IntellivisionRevolution)

7 ) Terminal Bugocity (IntellivisionRevolution/Groovybee)

8 ) The Secret Government Waffle Project (IntellivisionRevolution)

9) Gyruss (Parker Bros Homebrew)

• Like 1

Did I miss the Gyruss announcement or is my memory starting to get that bad? Also, did I miss the Gyruss announcement?

until now no announcement on AA actually. It has just been mentioned on Facebook and here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/250233-gyruss-for-the-intellivision/