IGNORED

INTV GOTY 2018 results

No. Just thinking it would be an interesting and unique honor.

The prototype at PRGE was a lot of fun to play. I know there will be plenty of good games released next year but Deep Zone has a seriously good start. Can't wait to see it fully fleshed out.

I also need to get a lot better with it considering how bad Steve clowned me playing it, lol.

The prototype at PRGE was a lot of fun to play. I know there will be plenty of good games released next year but Deep Zone has a seriously good start. Can't wait to see it fully fleshed out.

I don't recall anybody mentioning this, but the1hatman's comment really highlights the point: unfinished games shouldn't be included in a potential list of "Best Game of 20xx." The programming contest entries are almost always considered by their authors as unfinished.

Though not necessarily bug-free or perfect, games put on cartridge are normally considered finished at the time of their release. That seems like a good benchmark for this list. Of course, it's not a perfect litmus test, as hobbyists can release their finished games in any number of ways.

Bottom line: if a new game is "finished" and officially released by its author, it should qualify for Game of the Year.

Edited by mthompson

actual list

to be closed and become final list the 1 january

vote will take place end of February to let games be distributed

1 ) Beat'Em & Eat'Em (IntellivisionRevolution)

2 ) Meteors (IntellivisionRevolution)

3 ) Astro Invader (Collectorvision)

4 ) Hover Bovver (Elektronite)

5 ) Sea Venture (IntellivisionRevolution)

6 ) The Secret Government Waffle Project (IntellivisionRevolution)

7 ) Miner 2049er (Elektronite)

8 ) SteamRoller (Elektronite)

9 ) IntyBasic Showcase Volume 2 (IntellivisionRevolution)

10 ) Mad Bomber (Collectorvision)

11 ) Jumpking Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)

12 ) Moonsweeper (Collectorvision)

13 ) Donkey Kong Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)

14 ) Upmonsters (home-brew) (2600 Connection)

15 ) Pumpkin Master (home-brew) (2600 Connection)

fixed that for you

That makes sense. 2018 is getting pretty crowded already anyway. 'Twas a good year for homebrews. It was like a 2.8 Erics on the E7100 scale :D

I think we did Eric a favor by banning him from here. If he were around, his head would have exploded! :o

Now, we need to ban m-crew to avoid his head exploding when the crash comes soon ... :ponder:

:grin:

just to be sure...

having 15 entries suggest to do a separate vote of 3 groups of 5 titles and a final vote with the 3 finalist...

but I know 90% replied before you want a one click vote with all titles.... so is this ok? all titles/one vote per user?

Edited by vprette
  • Like 1

That is a great question,does anybody know the answer?

Is there a release list somewhere by year? THAT would be cool!!! :P

I think I've got a fairly accurate list by year, I'll try to clean it up and share it over the next few days. At a quick glance, seems like 15 is the record, the previous high was 13 in 2015.

Edited by gunoz

I think we did Eric a favor by banning him from here. If he were around, his head would have exploded! :o

Now, we need to ban m-crew ... :ponder:

:grin:

Im sure that is some people's wish and are working hard in influencing just that .. ;p

remember Cannabis is legal in Canada and now all of us Canadians have our heads baking and about to explode... ;)

lol :) BTW I miss Eric around here. I wonder How long/ will his ban last.. Even when you commit murder they let you out of jail sooner or later... Bring Back Eric movement !!!!

• Like 1

just to be sure...

having 15 entries suggest to do a separate vote of 3 groups of 5 titles and a final vote with the 3 finalist...

but I know 90% replied before you want a one click vote with all titles.... so is this ok? all titles/one vote per user?

Single list! Single list! Single list!

• Like 1

just to be sure...

I find it very hard to pick just one favorite game! What about every one has 3 votes for their top three games?