IGNORED

INTV GOTY 2018 results

No one insisted that GOTY be a CIB only

I fail to see how having a box or not makes any difference when determining the game of the year. Did someone release a game in 2018? Was it amazing? Then who cares if it came CIB or got an upgrade kit later or even if it was just a rom? A great game is a great game.

If folks want to use CIB/baggie/rom only as categories, that's fine, but otherwise it shouldn't matter.

Boxes are for collectors, games are for players. I may be both but I still believe these polls are not for collecting awards. This should be about programming and playing great games only.

Is CIB required for the competition?

Exactly ... I was just about to post this...GOTY in my opinion should include all physical releases of new games- as long as they have been released in Cart form CIB/baggie /board/. What happens after to them doesn't really matter... CIBs being split apart/baggies getting boxes / boards getting shells and boxes.. Its imo the physical release of a new programmed game Rom ...

Piggy Bank was released CIB (=Complete In Bag), won the competition (GOTY 2015) and nobody complained at the time

Has anything changed since then?

If I remember as long as it was a physical release they would be included in the GOTY....

I'm all for creating categories that all of these fit into, but ultimately this is about games and playing them.

I always thought GOTY meant all games. Doesnt matter what form as long as it was physical in some form. I personally dont like separating out CIB, ROM, baggie, cart, shoebox.

All great points. I forgot that we were allowing cart only releases. It was just the ROM only games I was thinking of. Too much Christmas cheer, I suppose :D
  • Like 2

I always thought GOTY meant all games. Doesnt matter what form as long as it was physical in some form. I personally dont like separating out CIB, ROM, baggie, cart, shoebox. Etc etc.

One vote for GOTY in one poll. Its almost too easy.

The above statements are my opinions.

agree

all physical release are ok for goty

ROM are not, because they are usually not guarantee to run on real hardware, not properly bug tested

actual list

to be closed and become final list the 1 january

vote will take place end of February to let games be distributed

1 ) Beat Em & Eat Em (IntellivisionRevolution)

2 ) Meteors (IntellivisionRevolution)
3 ) Astro Invader (Collectorvision)

4 ) Hover Bovver (Elektronite)
5 ) Sea Venture (IntellivisionRevolution)

6 ) The Secret Government Waffle Project (IntellivisionRevolution)
7 ) Miner 2049 (Elektronite)
8 ) Steamroller (Elektronite)

9 ) Intybasic Showcase Vol. 2 (IntellivisionRevolution)
10 ) Mad bomber (Collectorvision)

11 ) Jumpking Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)
12 ) Moonsweeper (Collectorvision)
13 ) DK Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)
14 ) Up monsters (home-brew)

15 ) Pumpkin Master (home-brew)

Edited by vprette

agree

all physical release are ok for goty

ROM are not, because they are usually not guarantee to run on real hardware, not properly bug tested

But a re-issue of a game from back in the day is just a little too much. Like m-crew said, may as well include empty boxes and the the Overlay Sets as "games" of the year.

-dZ.

• Like 1

I always thought GOTY meant all games. Doesnt matter what form as long as it was physical in some form. I personally dont like separating out CIB, ROM, baggie, cart, shoebox. Etc etc.

One vote for GOTY in one poll. Its almost too easy.

The above statements are my opinions.

I very much agree. I put the category idea out there as a compromise if people just couldn't get past the method of release for the games but really for me it's all about the games.

Revised list with accurate publisher name and game names. Thanks

1 ) Beat Em & Eat Em (IntellivisionRevolution)

2 ) Meteors (IntellivisionRevolution)

3 ) Astro Invader (Collectorvision)

4 ) Hover Bovver (Elektronite)

5 ) Sea Venture (IntellivisionRevolution)

6 ) The Secret Government Waffle Project (IntellivisionRevolution)

7 ) Miner 2049 (Elektronite)

8 ) Steamroller (Elektronite)

9 ) Intybasic Showcase Vol. 2 (IntellivisionRevolution)

10 ) Mad bomber (Collectorvision)

11 ) Jumpking Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)

12 ) Moonsweeper (Collectorvision)

13 ) Donkey Kong Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)

14 ) Upmonsters (2600Connection)

15 ) Pumpkin Master (2600Connection)

• Like 2

How about Deep Zone (for 2019)? ROM in 2018, but physical release in 2019.

I didn't realize roms we're excluded since they may not run on real hardware or be fully debugged so I prob should not have suggested they be included. Deep Zone will have its chance in 2019 anyway so it's all good.

Roms can always have their own poll and award if people feel like they need one. I don't think anyone will mind winning Rom of the Year if such a thing happens.

The 2018 list posted above looks pretty solid, I just need to play a few of those games a little more before I vote. I'm currently working on Pumpkin Master but I'm behind on thoroughly exploring a lot of the new games. Still need to play Mad Bomber and Steamroller. Damn it's been a good year for games!

• Like 1