IGNORED

INTV GOTY 2018 results

like a 3rd party candidate.... LOL

I voted for my favorite game to play, maybe not the "best" game of 2018. But to me, most fun IS best.

No jumping was involved....

good criteria

in general I believe the overall quality included packaging is important, at least when speaking about porting of classic games.... in case of a totally original idea, I can reward the idea...

despite several good games this years, it appears 2 titles are masterpiece... and I was expecting exactly that. games that were missing in the 80s... I remember watching the box of colecovision and feel jealous of DK graphics compared to intv, also I remember the first computer expo I attempted in '83, when entering the first game that I saw was miner (I believe it was a spectrum running it... not sure)

I remember the first computer expo I attempted in '83, when entering the first game that I saw was miner (I believe it was a spectrum running it... not sure)

Most likely not, as Miner 2049er never was released for the ZX Spectrum. Out of the European oddball (*) computers, it seems only the Thomson MO and TO computers got 2049er.

Though what do I know, perhaps an Intellivision port of Manic Miner or Jet Set Willy also is in the plans for the future? :)

(*) Used in jest, as my Speccy friends would be very upset if their primary computer love - with 13000 recorded games including hacks and MIA - was referred to as an oddball.

Edit: Ok, it seems that Bounty Bob Strikes Back was released for the ZX Spectrum, just not the first in the series. The exact same is true for the BBC Micro by the way.

Edited by carlsson