IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

19 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Shawn can't say much more, I have a remote detonator on his nuts.

Are you not concerned that he has said far too much already?  

"Truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." 

1 hour ago, jhd said:

Are you not concerned that he has said far too much already?  

"Truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." 

I guess unlike CPUWiz you are okay with tiny tacos then?

5 hours ago, The Historian said:

July 7th, 2021

Is that extended? I thought originally it came up sometime in 2020? But years not weeks or months may have me confused.

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

I'm sure he's gonna have fun info to share on what the situation was like at the time of his tenure but so much happened after he was no longer involved that even with a full disclosure form the Historian it's gonna leave a lot of questions unanswered. Maybe someone else will come out of the woodwork at some point with that info. I would be very interested to hear the story that Rob Wyatt has to tell but even that would only take the info up to the point he left and sued them.

I think it will be neat to hear about those pieces of this whole debacle even if it doesn't cover everything. Also I hope you have some good protective gear for your neither regions. Not sure I'd feel safe with CPUWiz holding the switch. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, The Historian said:

I was wrong about the date it's July 24th, 2021. I have a remind in my calendar for July 7th so I can get prepped and that's what I mistakenly posted. 

17 days of prep?

You obviously didn't get that attitude towards deadlines working for Atari. ?

• Haha 2

I just got a flyer in the mail for TACO pizza!  The future has come to pass and yet the Atari VCS is a no-show.

Clearly I am not going to pay $25 for a Pizza delivered, but I can copy the ingredients and turn a $3 frozen pizza into a Taco feast for 1
?3?+?=?
I just need entertainment.. good thing I have this thread.

Because I dont think many people have said " you know what I need in my life? An atari mini PC that will cost me monthly subscriptions so that I can play very old games that I can play right now for free-very little cost" But hey! I could be wrong and the VCS outshines the Xbox S that apparently has ray tracing at a budget price. Not to mention that Apple tomorrow (alegedly) is going to start using iPad and iPhone processors in select low-end Macs and give intel the old boot ??
I cannot wait to see how the VCS COMPUTER holds up to these...

Edited by OCAT

It's been almost two days; where is everyone? Atari has been saying for half-a-year, 'wait it's coming, it's coming.' What did the Abox finally release and no one tell me?

I know, you'all are playing it and don't have enough time to come to the forums and tell the rest of us how great the system is.

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, JasperAK said:

It's been almost two days; where is everyone? Atari has been saying for half-a-year, 'wait it's coming, it's coming.' What did the Abox finally release and no one tell me?

I know, you'all are playing it and don't have enough time to come to the forums and tell the rest of us how great the system is.

I slapped a Fuji logo on my 4 year old laptop, drew some wood grain on it, and yeah, the VCS is great for browsing the internet, watching Netflix and playing DOS Box! Feels like I've never done it before...at least never done it with wood grain. 

Not sure what all the smoke is about when I try and run CoD: Black Ops 2 on high though, I was PROMISED 4K gaming glory! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2020 at 12:31 PM, The Historian said:

I was wrong about the date it's July 24th, 2021. I have a remind in my calendar for July 7th so I can get prepped and that's what I mistakenly posted. 

No worries on getting a date slightly wrong...

If I may ask, and sorry if this is too personal or if you've said and I forgot;  So were you actually on Atari's payroll? (I was thinking so)  Or just helping them out?  And more importantly, did they pay up?  Not asking for specifics here of course,  it just seems that they could be a horrible company to work for and they have a history of trying to weasel out of things (allegedly)...So I was just curious.

I do look forward to hearing any of what you can tell us later.  Thanks so much!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

I'd say there is a - chance - we'll hear from Atari next week, given their mid-November dating in their last significant message, but I still don't think there is much chance of anything shipping before near the end of the month. 

Is anyone else tired of "chances" or "possibly"? We are at the point that you should know when it's coming out. Not this hem hawing they continually do. 

Maybe they can't say anything because it would reveal their super secret shipping partners!?! ?

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

No worries on getting a date slightly wrong...

If I may ask, and sorry if this is too personal or if you've said and I forgot;  So were you actually on Atari's payroll? (I was thinking so)  Or just helping them out?  And more importantly, did they pay up?  Not asking for specifics here of course,  it just seems that they could be a horrible company to work for and they have a history of trying to weasel out of things (allegedly)...So I was just curious.

I do look forward to hearing any of what you can tell us later.  Thanks so much!

I'm pretty sure he was an unpaid volunteer. He was only doing it "for his resume", IIRC.

• Like 3