IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

20 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

It's essentially part two of the previous one, but I guess it's communication.

They seemed to be indicating from that last post they would be not posting anything for awhile. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. I mean this door stop will still be useless but at least it seems more likely that those of us dumb enough to give them money will at least get something. Regardless of how useless it is.

i think the thing that gives me the most pause is why all the secrecy behind it actually *doing* something? 

we've seen all these units and stuff from the pictures, but what I'd ideally like to see is one plugged into a tv, power, and with a controller on, even if it's just looking at a menu or a splash screen or something.  not 'for illustrative purposes', but like i said above, doing something.

• Like 6

Just remember, this is where Fraggle Mac was with his Gameband 2.0 just when he went dark for 3 months and then came back with that really hard update to write. He got to the point of having something to manufacture, realized he screwed up and couldn't dig himself out. That's assuming anything was ever real to begin with. 

The fascinating thing about this rig, is that virtually anyone with a pulse could have cranked it out in the time they've had. They're at their make or break point now. Can they finally get a piece of commodity hardware out the door or will they choke? Sycophants, haters and ill-informed shareholders are waiting to see. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 12/10/2019 at 8:06 AM, TACODON said:

They seemed to be indicating from that last post they would be not posting anything for awhile. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. I mean this door stop will still be useless but at least it seems more likely that those of us dumb enough to give them money will at least get something. Regardless of how useless it is.

Someone may have hit the enter key accidently? Hence why this seems like part 2.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:38 AM, digdugnate said:

i think the thing that gives me the most pause is why all the secrecy behind it actually *doing* something? 

we've seen all these units and stuff from the pictures, but what I'd ideally like to see is one plugged into a tv, power, and with a controller on, even if it's just looking at a menu or a splash screen or something.  not 'for illustrative purposes', but like i said above, doing something.

Because it isn't impressive. It will be run of the mill footage. Other than a fancy box the footage would out it as basic.

Atari probably is also waiting to see it do something...

• Like 3

I'm starting to wonder if IGG is finally putting pressure on these clowns. They seem more involved in their own product then they have before. Of course some of this is knee jerk reactions to bad news and some of it is nonsense but I still wonder. This can't look good for IGG.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...