IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Wait...  So that means there are ReviewtechUSA sex videos?

There's your mental image for the day, folks.  You're welcome ?

If there are, I'm Guessing like the rest of his videos, the good stuff happens in the first 30 seconds, and he spends another 15 minutes just flopping around.

• Haha 5

^ I hope they build in automatic Ultra Violet lights into every corridor, room, elevator, stair well and where ever they can put it to kill the C-19 because Now is the worst time in the history of the planet to be opening any resort related venture, not to mention it is also the worst time to release a videogame console as the 2 biggest hardcore consoles are about to be released as direct competition that are cheaper and far superior...
Atari has crazy courage I give them that. ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IntelliMission said:

Meanwhile...

CBR: Tron Meets Blade Runner in Atari Hotel Design Images: Video game giant Atari unveiled the first concept art for its upcoming line of hotels, which will be built in eight cities across the United States.

Hide contents

Atari-Hotels-Header.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=

Screen-Shot-2020-10-25-at-10.28.25-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-10-25-at-10.28.38-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-10-25-at-10.28.53-AM.pn

It seems all they can produce these days are renders and the occasional lawsuit.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OCAT said:

^ I hope they build in automatic Ultra Violet lights into every corridor, room, elevator, stair well and where ever they can put it to kill the C-19 because Now is the worst time in the history of the planet to be opening any resort related venture, not to mention it is also the worst time to release a videogame console as the 2 biggest hardcore consoles are about to be released as direct competition that are cheaper and far superior...
Atari has crazy courage I give them that. ?

Exactly this.

Vacationing and tourism is basically at a complete standstill thanks to Corona concerns.

I cannot imagine any company spending billions to build a line of Atari-themed hotels right now. Who would stay there with everyone keeping at home out of heath concerns or because they are outright banned from any non-essential travelling.

Hotels and theme parks are probably going to be the worst possible investments for at least the next few years. I imagine producing some nice looking renders is about as far as this project will get anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Tavi said:

Exactly this.

Vacationing and tourism is basically at a complete standstill thanks to Corona concerns.

I cannot imagine any company spending billions to build a line of Atari-themed hotels right now. Who would stay there with everyone keeping at home out of heath concerns or because they are outright banned from any non-essential travelling.

Hotels and theme parks are probably going to be the worst possible investments for at least the next few years. I imagine producing some nice looking renders is about as far as this project will get anytime soon.

What blows my mind is that people invest fortunes in things like Atari hotels, which are certain to be massive failures... and average people with practical, innovative ideas can't get a few grand together to start themselves off on the right foot.

The guy who is a day late and a dollar short gets shafted. The guy who sinks the whole company never has to worry about missing a meal.

• Like 3