IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

WTF!!!! ??????? I just came back from my mini mall 30 mins ago and I saw old man clutching an arm full of toilet paper from the pharmacy, I thought he was crazy because the sale starts on Saturday, why pay more?
I guess the hoarding rumors are getting around.

I allege that is is the manufactures that are re-starting these rumors to drive up sales of paper products, perhaps thaty have too much in inventory :D

Edited by OCAT
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

^ Android 4.1? Jellybean?

1- If I have a rediculously powerful smartphone in my hand that can stream games to the TV... why buy the VCS?
(is the VCS a passthrough device?)

2- If I have a massive Phone in my hands, why do I need the VCS to browse the internet, when i can connecti it to a TV?

3- If I can use the phone as a controller, why now just ship the Atari VCS out to backers and let them use the phone or any other controller that does not suck.

4- If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, can i chop it up and make Toilet paper?

5- How many days past the expiration date can I drink the milk in my fridge?

6- Are you keeping up with the Commodore? and is the Commodore keeping up with me?

29 minutes ago, OCAT said:

^ Android 4.1? Jellybean?

1- If I have a rediculously powerful smartphone in my hand that can stream games to the TV... why buy the VCS?
(is the VCS a passthrough device?)

2- If I have a massive Phone in my hands, why do I need the VCS to browse the internet, when i can connecti it to a TV?

3- If I can use the phone as a controller, why now just ship the Atari VCS out to backers and let them use the phone or any other controller that does not suck.

4- If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, can i chop it up and make Toilet paper?

5- How many days past the expiration date can I drink the milk in my fridge?

6- Are you keeping up with the Commodore? and is the Commodore keeping up with me?

Are you a mom trying to watch netflix?  If not, don't pretend you understand the market.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Atari has launched their VCS Companion App available at least for Google Play, which will let you control the VCS from your phone. Could be pretty cool maybe. I don't have an iOS device nor did a quick search for "VCS Companion App iOS" return a result, so...dunno. Lemme know if you see it. The Google Play store lists a publication date of November 13th, 2020, although today is the first I've heard of it.

No iOS, Apple probably wouldn't allow it, because it is full of security holes or massive bugs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Atari has launched their VCS Companion App available at least for Google Play, which will let you control the VCS from your phone. Could be pretty cool maybe. I don't have an iOS device nor did a quick search for "VCS Companion App iOS" return a result, so...dunno. Lemme know if you see it. The Google Play store lists a publication date of November 13th, 2020, although today is the first I've heard of it.

I wrote an Android remote control app for one of my classes.  It took me about two days, and most of that time was spent documenting the code for my students.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

I wrote an Android remote control app for one of my classes.  It took me about two days, and most of that time was spent documenting the code for my students.

I'd be surprised if they didn't just grab an open-source app or acquire a ready-made app from a small developer and just slap their name on it.  Everything about the VCS has been l'Atari writing checks to someone else who does the work.  The only variable has been if the check actually clears or not.

• Like 5

Ya know. All the die hards are right. I never should have sold my pre order. I've never felt so foolish in my life.

That App is a game changer.

People keep asking what the KILLER APP is!

Clearly Atari listened and made it an actual App!

Move over Netflix and forget the moms. I'm going to reorder my preorder! 

Edited by TACODON
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TACODON said:

Ya know. All the die hards are right. I never should have sold my pre order. I've never felt so foolish in my life.

That App is a game changer.

People keep asking what the KILLER APP is!

Clearly Atari listened and made it an actual App!

Move over Netflix and forget the moms. I'm going to reorder my preorder! 

See, you'll be typing on your PC like never before! Just ignore the horrendous input lag that these sorts of things come with. 

If Atari really wants to impress us next, they should dig up Netscape and install that as the system browser.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, OCAT said:

Perhaps Atari can hire the legendary Billy Mitchell & Todd Rogers to promote the VCS ??? ??

There's a very good chance they've thought about it.  But I can almost guarantee you, Billy Mitchell is a "cash up front" type of guy.

• Like 6

On 10/30/2020 at 6:25 PM, Mikebloke said:

2 weeks to get into US. 

Assuming no customs issues several days to a week to get to their warehouse. 

A day minimum for product testing / confirmation. 

Rest of the week to package orders to ship out. 

Week to arrive if it wasn't covid Christmas, so perhaps two. 

2nd or 3rd week of December for first units in backers hands. If I wasn't a religious denomination that completely rejects gambling I would bet all my savings (in atari coin) on that being the earliest date anyone gets one. So you might get it for Christmas but it's still a bit of a stretch.

3 weeks since I did this post. This is how far we've got through my predictions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

More and more I am thinking that half of the IGG posters are on FArtari’s payroll in some form or another... their ridiculous, repeated responses to some pretty reasonable questions seem to indicate that they are really just trying to get negative facts/commentary off the front page.

At least FArtari has now confirmed they are using a Freight Forwarder. I suspect because I suggested they were too cheap to, so there may be a slim hope of U.S. backers getting a CONsole for Christmas (better than a lump of coal?). Given the caravan of incompetence, I seriously doubt we will be seeing anything in the wild until long after New Years.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Chopsus said:

More and more I am thinking that half of the IGG posters are on FArtari’s payroll in some form or another... their ridiculous, repeated responses to some pretty reasonable questions seem to indicate that they are really just trying to get negative facts/commentary off the front page.

At least FArtari has now confirmed they are using a Freight Forwarder. I suspect because I suggested they were too cheap to, so there may be a slim hope of U.S. backers getting a CONsole for Christmas (better than a lump of coal?). Given the caravan of incompetence, I seriously doubt we will be seeing anything in the wild until long after New Years.

You are incorrect, as we all know Atari does not even pay the people designing the products, so why would they pay anyone else? ?

As for the Forwarding service? Yup, Atari outsources everything because they are either to inenpt, lazy or a combination of both. This is the only good news for the backers, knowing Atari they would F-up the paperwork and the shipment of VCS would end up in AbuDabi next to Nermal ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, OCAT said:

You are incorrect, as we all know Atari does not even pay the people designing the products, so why would they pay anyone else? ?

As for the Forwarding service? Yup, Atari outsources everything because they are either to inenpt, lazy or a combination of both. This is the only good news for the backers, knowing Atari they would F-up the paperwork and the shipment of VCS would end up in AbuDabi next to Nermal ??

All true, I stand corrected ... it is still not going to help FArtari meet their obligations this year sadly 

• Like 2