IGNORED

"The Rescue Expedition"- new game in the making

gorgh

Works fine in the latest beta 3.90 beta 7

Must be XL / XE /XEG and Even 1200XL mode with 64K min...

Oh and fire button to start..

Oh, small bug, if you look at the pic, ignore the aspect ratio, if you grapple there you get stuck there..

Just tried 50 times to repeat it and it won't do it but I really did get stuck there...

test.png

Edited by Mclaneinc

32 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Works fine in the latest beta 3.90 beta 7

Must be XL / XE /XEG and Even 1200XL mode with 64K min...

Oh and fire button to start..

Oh, small bug, if you look at the pic, ignore the aspect ratio, if you grapple there you get stuck there..

test.png

I'm using Altirra 3.20; emulating a 130 XE PAL with RAMBO memory (756 K).

Can't stress how handy it is to keep up with the beta's, they are stunningly stable and the features since 3.20 are HUGE let alone the improvements..

Just tried it on those settings under the latest version (I presume the memory was a typo :) )  and it all works fine...The only slight thing that is built in the game is that you can only start the game when its on the static screen and not on the bouncing text main screen..Any setup button one system should work fine (well does here)

And really, dive in to a latest beta, I don't think it breaks any workings debugger wise and WILL have lots of improvements there and in just the devices and add ons you can set up...

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul, thanks.

The file is ready, now Duddie is busy with the cartridge production, and the shipment should start soon. Btw the game will be mentioned in one of the biggest gaming magazines in Poland thanks to Bartłomiej Kluska

Edited by gorgh
typo
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

CONGRATULATIONS to The Rescue Expedition for being nominated in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards!

Be sure to vote for your favourite homebrew games of 2019 with the links below and watch the awards LIVE on February 1, 2020!

Awards Show: February 1, 2020 @ 12:00PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Channel!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

2121732816_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestHomebrewAtari8bit5200.jpg.c642bf17f1810975d264fa4ddac50581.jpg

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

It runs on an Atari 800 with Incognito board, which makes an XL with up to 1Meg out of it.

Actually, I have some strange flickering in the title screen, but the game itself seems to run normally, but have to give it more testing later.