IGNORED

Better F18a docs?

cbmeeks

The only F18a documention I know of has the 20 pages IIRC. Its pretty good (few typos) but I wished it were more. Like how to enable all 32 sprites on a line. Or show snippets of code with screenshots for sprites and scrolling, etc.

Id write more documention myself if I had better TMS9900 asm knowledge and general knowledge of the F18a.

So, is there more out there I can build on? I think the F18a is an under utilized platform that gives the NES a run for its money.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for full documentation, but if you ask specific question there are people here who can help.

The spreadsheet listing the registers etc. contains a lot of information in a very compact form, and I have returned to it for reference over and over again.

32 sprites per line are enabled by default unless you have changed a jumper on the board.

I wish there were better docs too... :-( A re-vamp of my website has been on my TODO list for a long time, which includes a plan for documentation of the F18A, code examples, etc. I have started the effort several times, but I never get very far. Like Asmusr said, for now the register spreadsheet and asking questions in the forum is the best way to get information. There are at least two main F18A threads on the forum I believe, where questions have been answered, code examples posted, etc. Those threads can be hard to dig through, since they tend to get very long and the information is all mixed in.

Sorry, I have nothing better to offer right now.

• Like 1