IGNORED

North American BOX Supplier Located

m-crew

and if you want me to post the PM where I got your cost from I will but I don't play those games..put your ego away and lets play nice...

Lets help you out. Holding something over someones head isnt healthy. Our mutual friend is off the hook.

Intellivision box prices depending on the source fluctuates somewhat. It always depends on bulk orders and how many designs and exact quantity ordered. Etc etc

One-offs and very low quantities can easily range from 9 to 12usd.

Larger print runs is from anywhere from 5 to 8usd.

We could try to get lower, but the resolution is not as high quality as higher priced boxes.

Again. Prices have varied from game to game (edit: and from

Year to year) depending on the above mentioned variables. Im going off memory, so I may be a 1.00 off either way. ??

Edited by Rev

Well I said that yes, but if you want to get into scrutinizing every last word, I also said a couple of suppliers that don't make them not all suppliers..quote:"I was merely showing that they actually do is all."Sure you were is all , l

Ok. Back on topic of boxes and built in cart retention. A lot of intv fans may not of known this, or paid attention!

Intellivision box suppliers. This should be all current suppliers of boxes (or publishers) (some percentages are estimates only)

Left Turn Only (all games built in holder)

Intelligentvision (all games built in holder)

Elektronite (all games built in holder)

Collectorvision (1 or 2 gatefold with built in holder)

IntellivisionRevolution (75% have built in holders)

IntellivisionRevolution (25% do not have built in holders)

Collectorvision (80% do not have built in holders)

Repro boxes by Marc O (actually all of these by Marc O have no built in holders)

Very interesting Intellivision tidbits.

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

Lets help you out. Holding something over someones head isnt healthy. Our mutual friend is off the hook.

Where did I say I got your priceing from a mutual friend and

Where did you get that Im holding something over someones head.

You are really something

And really how could people believe anything you say with all the lies spewing from you.

You dont know when to quit

Where did I say I got your priceing from a mutual friend and

Where did you get that Im holding something over someones head.

You are really something

And really how could people believe anything you say with all the lies spewing from you.

You dont know when to quit

Deflecting

Your the only one doing that

Stating that you have a big ego is not name calling.

Your actions and posts show that.

Edited by m-crew

Now hold on a minute, you are calling me a liar in full view of the Intv forums. Please expand on my lies Ive said.

If I am a liar then Im leaving the forums. Im not worthy to be here in these fine forums.

Im not engaging in your game anymore,

Have a good night

Ha! Almost forgot. Was the poster for me?

More like Dr. Mcrew & Mr Hatman.

Totally opposite approaches to box profits! Bravo. Perfect poster.

I love you guys. I really do.

Hey now, don't involve me in this one! I'm not getting labeled as anything this time around :lol:

To be clear though, when I said "make a killing" on gatefold boxes I was more referring to getting a ton of orders as there has been a lot of stated interest in those across a few box threads. I have no idea what boxes sell for these days since I generally used my handmade one-offs as trade items. I also didn't make a dime on the Fight For The Cup boxes. I asked only for a few copies in return for my part in creating the design.

• Like 1

Sure

Just lets agree to end this conversation ,

Please

Now hold on a minute, you are calling me a liar in full view of the Intv forums. Please expand on my lies I’ve said.

If I am a liar then I’m leaving the forums. I’m not worthy to be here in these fine forums.

OMG! You two, get a room! :o

This is so silly. If you two go back and read carefully each other's posts, you'll notice that the argument is stupid and came out of nowhere.

m-crew: Rev wasn't trolling you (well, now he is :lol:), and he wasn't accusing you of gouging -- those comments were directed at other people (it's pretty obvious). For some reason, you took them personally and came out with the claws.

You both should see that you have the same goal here: both are trying to bring affordable tat to the community in response to the gougetastic merch we're used to seeing. Keep it up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-dZ.

• Like 2

Hey now, don't involve me in this one! I'm not getting labeled as anything this time around :lol:

If the shoe fits... :P

To be clear though, when I said "make a killing" on gatefold boxes I was more referring to getting a ton of orders as there has been a lot of stated interest in those across a few box threads.

Sure, sure...

I have no idea what boxes sell for these days since I generally used my handmade one-offs as trade items. I also didn't make a dime on the Fight For The Cup boxes. I asked only for a few copies in return for my part in creating the design.

Profit does not necessarily imply cash, just a gain in stuff of value. ;)

-dZ.

• Like 1

As much as I do not like getting involved in these public disputes, as the "mutual friend" in this situation,

I just want to say that Rev has never been anything but honest and helpful in my dealings with him,

regarding box releases and other matters.

Not sure how this thread got so out of control, or what it is he is supposed to have lied about.

m-crew and I discussed pricing when first looking into finding a more local (for us) printer, to see if it was even worthwhile looking locally,

but it was not exactly a state secret, Marc O. gave me his pricing when I merely asked him.

From my somewhat limited experience so far, in addition to the actual printing, there is an initial cost in setting up to cut, score, fold and partially assemble these boxes,

which I have found clumsy, inaccurate and quite time consuming when I experimented making mockups by hand.

In addition there are paypal fees, the cost of the mailers, labels, printer ink etc etc not to mention the time involved,

which I do put some value on, though certainly not compared to my actual job.

I am afraid to do the math for FFTC, my cheaper though sturdier mailers were heavier than the post office ones I based original shipping costs on,

which bumped up postage, they measure these things in 100 gram increments, for the record each box is about 30 grams,

that's why I have had to slightly raise prices and shipping on the next boxes.

Nobody is getting rich doing these, I'm just trying to break even and give a bit back to the community in the only way I can.

the1hitman has refused any payment for his work apart from a few copies of each box.

I am happy to do this, I along with a lot of you have wanted some of these boxes for quite a while,

but I had no idea how much drama it would create, from a bunch of middle aged men, maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

• Like 2

Sorry, coming into this thread late so I dont understand everything that has transpired. As of toda, what are the sources for gatefold vs top load boxes with reinforcement?

Thanks.

Oh nooooo!!! The BOXGATE(fold) saga continues!!! :grin:

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

Sorry, coming into this thread late so I dont understand everything that has transpired. As of toda, what are the sources for gatefold vs top load boxes with reinforcement?

Thanks.

You aren’t the only one that’s sorry for coming in this thread.

• Like 1

Thanks.

What about bottom loaders?

Why do I feel dirty after writing that?