IGNORED

Lost code and prototypes - please help

matzieq

Hi guys!

Most of you probably have no idea who I am, but over ten years ago I dabbled in 2600 programming and I wrote two prototype games, Aotm Afos and Chronicles of Airata. I even got noticed and the latter is still listed as "in development" here: http://atariage.com/development_page.php?InDevelopmentID=81

Of course, real life happened and due to various convoluted circumstances nobody wants to hear about I pretty much abandoned all kinds of programming, including cycle counting and racing the beam.

Now I'm trying to get back to programming and maybe become a web developer, but that's not the point. The point is that I wanted to revisit my beloved atari source code and maybe do something with it.

Problem is, I've lost everything. All my code, all assembled roms, everything. I've changed computers, had several hard drive wipes and I can't find my atari stuff anywhere in my backups.

Now I posted a lot of my stuff, including source code, to this forum. So I hoped I could retrieve it from here. Unfortunately, I can't find any of the threads. I was also in the homebrew mailing lists, where I posted my sources, but I'm no longer subscribed and I don't have any email archives. So that sucks.

Here's my question: are there any archives of the mailing list? Or, in the unlikely event that someone maybe perhaps downloaded any of my source code from the forum or the list - could you let me know that you have it? I really would like to retrieve it somehow...

Thank you guys in advance.

Yup, it's the first thing I did, but it was weird - at first I only could find one thread (hence my post), then I tried again and again and the search started returning more results out of the blue, and now I found even more - maybe there's something wrong with my browser or I got sucked into an alternate dimension for a while.

Hi guys!

Most of you probably have no idea who I am, but over ten years ago I dabbled in 2600 programming and I wrote two prototype games, Aotm Afos and Chronicles of Airata. I even got noticed and the latter is still listed as "in development" here: http://atariage.com/development_page.php?InDevelopmentID=81

Of course, real life happened and due to various convoluted circumstances nobody wants to hear about I pretty much abandoned all kinds of programming, including cycle counting and racing the beam.

Now I'm trying to get back to programming and maybe become a web developer, but that's not the point. The point is that I wanted to revisit my beloved atari source code and maybe do something with it.

Problem is, I've lost everything. All my code, all assembled roms, everything. I've changed computers, had several hard drive wipes and I can't find my atari stuff anywhere in my backups.

Now I posted a lot of my stuff, including source code, to this forum. So I hoped I could retrieve it from here. Unfortunately, I can't find any of the threads. I was also in the homebrew mailing lists, where I posted my sources, but I'm no longer subscribed and I don't have any email archives. So that sucks.

Here's my question: are there any archives of the mailing list? Or, in the unlikely event that someone maybe perhaps downloaded any of my source code from the forum or the list - could you let me know that you have it? I really would like to retrieve it somehow...

Thank you guys in advance.

Here are your ROMs:

Chronicles of Airata (2004) (Matzieq) (Prototype).bin

Attack of the Mighty Aliens from Outer Space (2004) (Matzieq) (Prototype) (4K).bin

Attack of the Mighty Aliens from Outer Space (2004) (Matzieq) (Prototype).bin

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1