IGNORED

TIPI enabled software listing

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

DIRW

TIPI compatible BASIC program to replace TI's CATALOG program. 

This program is based on the old CATALOG TI's Catalog program (from the Disk Manager booklet)

CATALOG is a little long on the tooth and outdated when using TIPI.

DIRW runs from with TI BASIC or Extended BASIC.

• It provides a "wide" format directory listing of TI drives (Tested with TIPI and NanoPEB). This reduces screen scroll when I am looking for specific files.
  • It tags Directories and Programs in the output.
  • It accepts single digits for DSK numbers.  If you have a DSK0 or DSK4 then "0" or "4" will work.
  • You can type text as well:  "DSK1." or "TIPI.DEV" will both work if the directories exist.
  • There is no error checking as this will run on plain jane TI BASIC.  Text must be in upper case.
  • The screens are pretty self explanatory and the program can be easily edited to add any necessary features!
  • It is, by design, "no-frills".

Screen example:

Errors will occur if 

Drive/Disk is NOT present!

(*Dir +Program NoMark=Files)

Type digit for DSK# or Text for TIPI.

Mapped Disk: TIPI.DEV<blinking cursor>

This Returns (example):

Volume in TIPI.DEV is TIPI

Directory(+=Prg *=Dir):

1SCRATCH* BLANK* DIRW+

SSAVER+ SXB* SXB/DOCS*

Dir/Files(s): 4/3

Used:1440 Free:1438

..Again(Y/N)?<blinking cursor>

I hope that this file is useful.  Please, let me know if you have any problems with it!

DIRW.zip

• Like 5

On 5/19/2018 at 7:28 AM, arcadeshopper said:

TIPIMAP - by Gregory McGill (me)

TIPIMAP was written because I found it cumbersome to CALL TIPI and then try and remember the path to a folder like TIPI.GAMES.XB.ADVENTURE.WEREWOLF

Instead you are shown a list of directories on the TIPI and you can arrow up/down/forward/back and select the directory you want to be DSK1 and then press 1 to map the directory to the DSK1. configuration in TIPI.

Also 2 maps DSK2 and 3 maps DSK3

TIPIMAP is written in Extended Basic and can be loaded with

OLD PI.http://ftp.whtech.com/Users/Gregory%20McGill/TIPIMAP

TIPIMAP has been updated to support DSK4 and also improved keyboard responsiveness 

• Like 4

I have a question about using disk 1,2 inside the peb shell.

If I map TIpi drives 1,2 I seem to lose my, what I call, Local disk 1 or 2 that are attached to the ti disk controller.

So ive not been mapping TIpi drives 1,2.?

I still want local dsk1,2 to continue functioning.

Thx

Edited by GDMike

I have a question about using disk 1,2 inside the peb shell.
If I map TIpi drives 1,2 I seem to lose my, what I call, Local disk 1 or 2 that are attached to the ti disk controller.
So ive not been mapping TIpi drives 1,2.
What should I be doing? Thx ml

Please use the tipi support forim for questions like that this is the software listing topic

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I am thoroughly impressed by the IRATA.ONLINE PlatoTerm platform. The PLATO content is tantalizing and will take a long time to explore.

This is a must for any TIPI owner. I set up my URI2 to HTTP://TI99.IRATA.ONLINE and access it via a CALL TIPI("URI2.PLATO"). I have also set up a Mega Menu entry for it for even easier access. You do however have to set up an account with IRATA.ONLINE first.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go back to it for more exploration :)

20200707_065017.thumb.jpg.1b85b0c2e71b2b50edd517f21f4ef60a.jpg

20200707_065324.thumb.jpg.3ea013ca21c157d3dab37ff9f588f5aa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vorticon said:

I am thoroughly impressed by the IRATA.ONLINE PlatoTerm platform. The PLATO content is tantalizing and will take a long time to explore.

This is a must for any TIPI owner. I set up my URI2 to HTTP://TI99.IRATA.ONLINE and access it via a CALL TIPI("URI2.PLATO"). I have also set up a Mega Menu entry for it for even easier access. You do however have to set up an account with IRATA.ONLINE first.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! That's one of the reasons it is there. :)

I would like to point out, that all of this content, was developed by the users of PLATO, ON the system itself. There is a complete development environment that can be used to make new 'lessons'...an example of this is e.g. jthiele/atari created a simple version of Hammurabi at 'jtwork' (which he does need to finish) ;)

-Thom

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 4:00 PM, Omega-TI said:

I get what you see below, but YES, using the F18A's 80 column capability for display would be AWESOME!

<Image is shown his original post.  DG: It is a mess!>

For us non-F18 TIPI users, I've modified arcadeshopper's original program (I believe he did the original?)  to be better suited to the TI's 28 column screen.  The listing gives full credits.

There are 2 files in the zip.  One is a TIDBIT's listing  (my first use of it.  Thanks mattew18, I found it to be incredible!). 

The 2nd listing is a native Extended BASIC listing generated by TIDBIT.

I was playing with Super Extended BASIC's features with this program.  If you use the SXB to run it it will display a clock and few more tweaks.892200588_TIPIWeather.thumb.jpg.1bd97b0133b6605a4ce584cecb340640.jpg

I've truncated some of the return data, removed excess technical data, and added a word-wrap routine to clean up the screen.

In the AGAIN? (bottom of included screen): 

You can Enter:

• Y to enter and new station.
  • N to Exit to BASIC.
  • R to Repeat/Update the last Station's Info. 
  • X to Exit to Force Command. (If you use it.  If not you should!)

The code can be easily modified to Specific regions.  (See the listing's contents.).  

If you find errors or have suggestions, let me know.  This has kept be occupied for a few days.  On to another project!

TIPIWeather.zip

• Like 3

For us non-F18 TIPI users, I've modified arcadeshopper's original program (I believe he did the original?)  to be better suited to the TI's 28 column screen.  The listing gives full credits.
There are 2 files in the zip.  One is a TIDBIT's listing  (my first use of it.  Thanks mattew18, I found it to be incredible!). 
The 2nd listing is a native Extended BASIC listing generated by TIDBIT.
I was playing with Super Extended BASIC's features with this program.  If you use the SXB to run it it will display a clock and few more tweaks.892200588_TIPIWeather.thumb.jpg.1bd97b0133b6605a4ce584cecb340640.jpg
I've truncated some of the return data, removed excess technical data, and added a word-wrap routine to clean up the screen.
In the AGAIN? (bottom of included screen): 
You can Enter:
  • Y to enter and new station.
  • N to Exit to BASIC.
  • R to Repeat/Update the last Station's Info. 
  • X to Exit to Force Command. (If you use it.  If not you should!)
The code can be easily modified to Specific regions.  (See the listing's contents.).  
If you find errors or have suggestions, let me know.  This has kept be occupied for a few days.  On to another project!
TIPIWeather.zip
Very nice! I didn't write it I just compiled it to a ea5 program..

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
On 5/19/2018 at 1:00 AM, ElectricLab said:

CHATTI - A simple chat program that I wrote to develop and exercise the concept of exchanging messages between consoles via a central server. ...

CHESS - I wanted to create an E/A 5 version of the chess game that I created for Stuart's browser a couple years back, s...

SNEK - This is a snake-genre game that simply lets you move around the screen until you crash into a wall, or ...

...i.e.:   From BASIC: CALL TIPI("PI.HTTP://MYTI99.COM/...")

Are the links that were described in the above post still working properly?

(I can still see the group chat on myti99.com (as well as Chess). )

SNEK seemed to work?  CHESS had character display problems.  CHATTI seemed to throw errors.  Are these links now obsolete?

11 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

I loaded chatti sat but it had issues

I let Corey know

What exactly are you getting

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Sure. 

Examples are shown.  Note:  SNEK works, but it shows errors on Score Screens.

ScreenshotsTI.thumb.png.49a05a232fd1513e65693e7f26098e02.png

myti99.com works fine.  (Pretty good score on scorch GM!)

(hope it isn't my TIPI?)

DG

It's all working now. The code behind the old site uses Python 2 which is end-of-lifed. It still should run, just won't be maintained. I installed Python 3 for another project with the intent of running both until I upgrade all the code running on Python 2. Installing Python 3 also upgraded a library in the Python 2 installation, which caused another library to need updating, which I manually did. Anyway it's all good now. 

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 12:16 PM, ElectricLab said:

It's all working now. The code behind the old site uses Python 2 which is end-of-lifed. It still should run, just won't be maintained. I installed Python 3 for another project with the intent of running both until I upgrade all the code running on Python 2. Installing Python 3 also upgraded a library in the Python 2 installation, which caused another library to need updating, which I manually did. Anyway it's all good now. 

Thanks for fixing it!  ?

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 8:52 AM, tschak909 said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it! That's one of the reasons it is there. :)

I would like to point out, that all of this content, was developed by the users of PLATO, ON the system itself. There is a complete development environment that can be used to make new 'lessons'...an example of this is e.g. jthiele/atari created a simple version of Hammurabi at 'jtwork' (which he does need to finish) ;)

-Thom

Does anyone know what group you should use when connecting? The help says to "enter the group name given to you"

• 8 months later...

ShtdwnPi.bin  

Shutting down your Raspberry PI.

I know there are a lot of ways to do this.  CALL TIPI, tipi:9900 web interface, Physical shutdown buttons, Force Command, BASIC/Extended BASIC, and probably more!

So here is a new one.  I used  senior_falcon's Jewel, BASIC/Extended BASIC code implementing the PI.SHUTDOWN command (jrhodes and others), and finally Fred Kaal's Module Creator and TI99Dir to put together a FinalGrom99 cartridge file that shuts down the Pi.

It was a learning exercise to figure out some of the tools described above.  Funny thing is it work pretty well (no smoke ;-) ). I'm sure it can be improved.  I've attached a zip with the BASIC source and the finished .BIN file.  I put my file in the root directory of the FG99 SD-Card. The menu command is SHUTDOWN PI.

BTW, the only problem I found in setting this stuff up was that I could set up a shortcut to the module creator in Windows 10? I followed Fred's instructions but kept getting errors.  I finally created a batch file to execute the Module Creator and everything worked.

img1.jpg.b51845f191f03461af003949a9a8dd11.jpg Selection "R." marks the spot.

David G - Prattville, AL

ShtdwnPi.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/7/2020 at 10:29 AM, Vorticon said:

This is still working? When I try to connect to PLATO the system reboot to the Main TI screen.