IGNORED

PSP 7800 two-button games

vtadave

Does anyone know how to configure the PSP emulator I'm using to allow for two-button games to function correctly? As an example, Xevious fires both the zapper and the bombs at the same time. Playable yes, but not how the game is supposed to work. I believe the emulator is ProSystem 1.0, so perhaps it's as simple as using a different emulator?

If anyone knows anything about this one, the buttons are set up as follows:

Cross: J1 Fire1

Square: J1 Fire2

Triangle: LDiff

Circle: RDiff

Thanks. Hopefully this hasn't been discussed 50932324 times before, but I did try and do a search.

Does anyone know how to configure the PSP emulator I'm using to allow for two-button games to function correctly? As an example, Xevious fires both the zapper and the bombs at the same time. Playable yes, but not how the game is supposed to work. I believe the emulator is ProSystem 1.0, so perhaps it's as simple as using a different emulator?

Thanks. Hopefully this hasn't been discussed 50932324 times before, but I did try and do a search.

See the pinned thread under the Atari 7800 forums and the provided spreadsheet it contains, regarding the role difficulty switches play under Xevious, as well as other titles. There are at least 24 Atari 7800 titles in which the difficulty switches have an impact.

Ensuring both difficulty switches are set to the 'Left' or "B" position ('Right' is the "A" position) on the console will provide independent firing controls under Xevious for Players 1 and 2.

However, earlier versions of the ProSystem emulator have issues with managing the difficulty switches properly. So, if the PSP 7800 emulator is based on an older version of ProSystem, it may not work.

Thanks. I did check that out an I'm not sure how to set a difficulty switch using ProSystem on the PSP. Maybe if I just keep playing with the keyboard settings I can figure this out.

:ponder: