Jump to content
OLD CS1

Images for ROMs, FlashROM 99, and FinalGROM 99, manuals, strips, more!

Recommended Posts

Yeah, I picked up a cheap Q*Bert on eBay to sacrifice for my cart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one we built was a Q*Bert sacrifice as well. . .they seem to be the most common of the Parker Brothers titles for some reason, especially as Frogger was considered more popular BITD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 You know what I've noticed? Parker Brothers and even Funware carts have the label fall off A LOT. Here, check out my Ambulance, Driving Demon, and Popeye carts: the Funware cart missing the whole label is a Driving Demon.

 

15625969953841086313538.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy restoring cartridge labels when needed.   In the past I had to fix a few Atari 5200 labels... here are few before and after images...

 

Popeye Before

gallery_35324_1027_22774.jpg

 

Popeye After

gallery_35324_1027_21054.jpg

 

Qbert Before

gallery_35324_1027_49314.jpg

 

Qbert After

gallery_35324_1027_25113.jpg

 

Defender Before

gallery_35324_1027_84771.jpg

 

Defender After

gallery_35324_1027_106052.jpg

 

Then of course I also like making my own labels for TI cartridges

gallery_35324_1027_29469.jpg

 

gallery_35324_1027_53493.jpg

 

gallery_35324_1027_94122.jpg

 

gallery_35324_1027_38448.jpg

 

gallery_35324_1027_60894.jpg

 

gallery_35324_1027_34971.jpg

 

gallery_35324_1027_27952.jpg

 

gallery_35324_1027_72738.jpg

 

gallery_35324_1001_40463.jpg&key=abd8e34

 

blog-0389445001554815076.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

I enjoy restoring cartridge labels when needed.   In the past I had to fix a few Atari 5200 labels... here are few before and after images...

 

Popeye Before

gallery_35324_1027_22774.jpg

 

Popeye After

gallery_35324_1027_21054.jpg

 

Qbert Before

gallery_35324_1027_49314.jpg

 

Qbert After

gallery_35324_1027_25113.jpg

 

Defender Before

gallery_35324_1027_84771.jpg

 

Defender After

gallery_35324_1027_106052.jpg

 

I really like this :) nice job! 
just a bit lower the quality of the homemade printer labels compared to the originals but anyway an high result! :)

For defender you should use a silver plated print paper so it will be more closer to the original also.
something like this:
https://www.amazon.it/argento-perlescente-A4-120-gsm-stampanti-inchiostro/dp/B071Z23P22/ref=asc_df_B071Z23P22/?tag=googshopit-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=279778226361&hvpos=1o9&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5139284535344618421&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9050659&hvtargid=pla-422989698148&psc=1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iliketurtles said:

Nice! Here is one I made.

SUPERMARIOBROS.png

it could be cool, but maybe you should add the name of Rasmus Moustgaard at least to complete.

The title also is not complete, as Rasmus told his SMB version is Super TI-99 Mario Bros.
my first version of the label for that game had the same error indeed :p so i fixed it after.

Super-TI99-MarioBros_Label.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

I really like this :) nice job! 
just a bit lower the quality of the homemade printer labels compared to the originals but anyway an high result! :)

For defender you should use a silver plated print paper so it will be more closer to the original also.
something like this:
https://www.amazon.it/argento-perlescente-A4-120-gsm-stampanti-inchiostro/dp/B071Z23P22/ref=asc_df_B071Z23P22/?tag=googshopit-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=279778226361&hvpos=1o9&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5139284535344618421&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9050659&hvtargid=pla-422989698148&psc=1

 

Thanks.  I agree!  I used the 105# silver cardstock found <<HERE>>.  I wish I had known about the stuff you linked to at the time as it's more shiny.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

it could be cool, but maybe you should add the name of Rasmus Moustgaard at least to complete.

The title also is not complete, as Rasmus told his SMB version is Super TI-99 Mario Bros.
my first version of the label for that game had the same error indeed 😛 so i fixed it after.

Super-TI99-MarioBros_Label.jpg

Fixed. :)

 

SUPERMARIOBROS.png

Edited by iliketurtles
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like your help for future TI'ers.  It's come to my attention that we need high quality scans of all TI cartridge labels.  If you have a cartridge in good condition could you please scan it and upload in no-loss PNG format.

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot scan in PNG, only JPEG for color or TIFF for B&W.  BUT I thought I would give this a shot.

scan0001.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you sear

On 7/10/2019 at 7:30 PM, --- Ω --- said:

Am I missing any 3D printer files?

 

 

 

When I search thingiverse for ti-99 I also see a FlashRom case. I had Rob print this last Saturday along with 3 others. Thanks for making the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 5:28 AM, FarmerPotato said:

When I search thingiverse for ti-99 I also see a FlashRom case. I had Rob print this last Saturday along with 3 others. Thanks for making the list. 

If you follow << THIS LINK >> you may find some that you do not know of.  If there are any you know of that are not listed there, please let me know and I'll update the list with any new entries you may have or know of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arcadeshopper seems to not have the FG99 right now, so i purchased one from Ebay, specifically this auction.

 

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but i need to know:

A. If a game/program is released here on the forum in .BIN format, i can take that and put it on my FG99 SD directly, or is there a conversion that needs to happen first?

B. Pretty sure this has been asked here before but i can't seem to find it... If i use the MiniMemory cart images with the FG99, can i save a program to it like the real thing?

C. Is there anyway to add, delete, and/or change files on the FG99 SD card similar to how the TIPI works (I.E. a web based GUI where you drag and drop the files you want to copy) without removing the card from the unit? I hate repeated SD card removals, no matter the device they are used in. I think the Micro SD card in my phone has been removed maybe 3 times max in the last 4 years.

Edited by jrhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jrhodes said:

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but i need to know:

A. If a game/program is released here on the forum in .BIN format, i can take that and put it on my FG99 SD directly, or is there a conversion that needs to happen first?

B. Pretty sure this has been asked here before but i can't seem to find it... If i use the MiniMemory cart images with the FG99, can i save a program to it like the real thing?

C. Is there anyway to add, delete, and/or change files on the FG99 SD card similar to how the TIPI works (I.E. a web based GUI where you drag and drop the files you want to copy) without removing the card from the unit? I hate repeated SD card removals, no matter the device they are used in. I think the Micro SD card in my phone has been removed maybe 3 times max in the last 4 years.

 

dumb answers:

 

a. yes just put it in there, did you read the github page? maybe you should.. reading is fundamental and google is your friend https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/

b. yes long as you use the image he provided

c. no.. unless you use one of the flash-air cards in your device which will allow access to it via wifi.. those are a pain in the rear to get set up and most non-techys give up..   https://www.toshiba-memory.com/products/toshiba-wireless-sd-cards-flashair-w-04/  I use one of these in my 3d printer and it saved me pulling the card all the time..but its really no faster 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so dumb replies:

 

a. i did read the wiki but i also know that some of the cart images floating around are some kind of "inverted" format. Was not sure if i had to make sure to avoid those or not.

b. cool

c. Ok, i was just thinking a program running on the TI could be made (or may have already been made) that can access the FG99 file structure and modify it, by pushing files over to the TI / FG99 via the TIPI from the PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrhodes said:

Not so dumb replies:

 

a. i did read the wiki but i also know that some of the cart images floating around are some kind of "inverted" format. Was not sure if i had to make sure to avoid those or not.

b. cool

c. Ok, i was just thinking a program running on the TI could be made (or may have already been made) that can access the FG99 file structure and modify it, by pushing files over to the TI / FG99 via the TIPI from the PC.

avoid inverted, but pretty much everything is already non-inverted and in the zip file in http://ftp.whtech.com/ under cartridges,finalgrom99 or in this topic.. 

 

the only thing written for the fg99 is the commander rom from jedimatt and it just lets you load a cartridge from the root of the fg99, but no file access is available you have to know the filename to load.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...