IGNORED

Images for ROMs, FlashROM 99, FinalGROM 99, manuals, strips, and more

OLD CS1

On 2/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, blackbox said:

TI Logo disks as requested. 

I hope you do not mind, since your photograph was decent, I took the labels out of the photo, cleaned them up a little and stuffed them into a PDF file for easy downloading and printing.  And of course since it's a PDF it'll print out the proper size on anyone's system.

Example.JPG.01572d7f15be48a0206ade0d5e3c13a3.JPG

LogoLabels.pdf

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2020 at 1:39 PM, Ksarul said:

Excellent--more UberGROM images!  :) :) 

Hey, would you be talented enough to mock up a GameVision demo cart label for me, please?  We can put it along with this image.  I've always wanted to make one of those carts!  Also - sent ya an email.  I have approx 18 1284P's coming in and need to prioritize how many images I make and in what order.  I will need to get some more UG boards from you as well, and need to get some more cart shells.

3 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

I am looking for DM2K v2.6 (Fred Kaal) and COPY_C v1.8 (Snug) for the FinalGrom99.

Do we have this ?

I have this one for COPY-C but once it start give an arror on a txt missing and back to the main screen :( 
I also interested... also in English if possible please ? someone can help?

Copy-C_v18a.bin

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Sirs ...

Is there a pious soul among you who would have the program source of the Nature Way cart (naturec.bin) ... I am a true beginner and I would be interested in understanding how the movement of the butterfly sprite was made.
Thanks in advance for your kindness and support

All my best and stay healthy 

Francesco

I'm not sure the source code for that one exists anywhere. I do have source code for one of the old ROMOX games around somewhere, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Nature's Way (I think it was for Anteater). They tended to reuse code in a lot of their cartridges though, so if I find it again, I'll post it here.

1 hour ago, Ksarul said:

I'm not sure the source code for that one exists anywhere. I do have source code for one of the old ROMOX games around somewhere, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Nature's Way (I think it was for Anteater). They tended to reuse code in a lot of their cartridges though, so if I find it again, I'll post it here.

thanks a lot would be nice ... my stupid idea is to use it and substitute the butterfly sprite with the Joust one... if you don't have exactly the source code but something similar tht can be used would be perfect...

Stupid question ... a sort of reverse engeneering it is not possible starting from the execution of the program ? or from the .bin file ... a sort of disassembly ..

thanks once again for your help 

Regards

Francesco 

2 hours ago, whoami999ster said:

Dear Sirs ...

Is there a pious soul among you who would have the program source of the Nature Way cart (naturec.bin) ... I am a true beginner and I would be interested in understanding how the movement of the butterfly sprite was made.
Thanks in advance for your kindness and support

All my best and stay healthy 

Francesco

It appears to be quite simple. It has an x-velocity and an y-velocity. Every loop some fixed amount is added to the y-velocity to simulate gravity. If you press up, a somewhat bigger amount is also subtracted from the y-velocity to simulate lift off. For left and right movement you just add to or subtract from the x-velocity depending on which keys you press. The important thing, in order to simulate acceleration, is to change the velocity instead of just setting it when you press a key.   

• Like 1

? I Easy to say but I'm a real newbie and I never developed with assembly language, so my insane idea was to start from a semi-finished product and work on it to learn and do something extraordinary for me. I understand that you want to urge me to do everything from scratch  ?... but with a wife and a little girl around who constantly call me this idea more than a program will become a challenge
As you will have understood, I am gradually approaching this wonderful world of TI99 not only as a user / videogame player ...
I would have a curiosity: in addition to having a fully functional TI99/4A (+ FG99 + 32K exp.) I obviously use Classic99 emulator ... so here the stupid question wouldn't it be possible to use the debugger to recover the source?  sorry for my bad english but I hope I explained myself

7 minutes ago, INVISIBLE said:

I'll link & update this one when it has the 512K image for the 49F040 in the UG.

It's a 30K image.  Unless someone makes a "run from 32K" that can squeeze that whole thing in 32K and run a GPL emulator - I don't think it's going to get a ROM image.

Here's a surprise for all of you.  Enjoy.

Background
----------
The UberGROM simulator (http://harmlesslion.com/software/ubergrom) is a cartridge board with many functions,
including the ability to simulate GROM.  (For more functions, please see the manual (available on AtariAge's
TI-99/4A forum.)

During the 1983-1984 era, many cartridges were prototyped by TI and other companies.  These prototypes had
GROM images that were likely loaded into a GROM Simulator (functioning as GRAM) to test the programs before
the GROM ICs were manufactured.  

These programs cover the gamut of programs including things such as:
* Cartridges which were only released in Europe (Advertizer, TI-CALC, Test Trainer, etc.)
* Cartridges which were largely finished but never published (Disney games, Plant Genetics, Germ Patrol, 
  Crossfire, etc.)
* Prototypes which were never meant for publishing (Simon Says)
* Prototypes which had test runs or small runs but which never got published widely (SMU Electrical 
  Engineering, Crossfire)
* Demonstration cartridges (MB Gamevision Demo)
* Internal TI cartridges (Basic Support Module)
* Programs people converted from 32K to ROM (Lasso, Lobster Bay, etc.)

What's inside?
--------------
All of these images are comprised of one or more of the following:
* UberGROM image (132K binary image for an Atmega 1284P)
* ROM image (512K binary image for 29F040 or 49F040)
* Diskettes (Advertizer, Test Trainer, and SMU need these.)

Please Note:
------------
Make sure that if a cartridge has both an UberGROM image and a ROM image that you burn both.  If it just
has an UberGROM image, you only need to burn that, and the ROM is optional.  The Diskette required 
programs will NOT work without the diskettes.

UberGROM final images.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 4/16/2020 at 3:36 PM, whoami999ster said:

to learn and do something extraordinary

:grin:

Not sure if it's what you wanted...

Pairing E/A and NATURES WAY, by renaming natures way to phm3055C.BIN

Tursi, told me how to do this...
...so if it doesn't foot the bill, don't blame me.;)

combo.thumb.JPG.f87de02a1711cf9d3a14eeaac398cf6e.JPG

phm3055G.BIN     (combined images E/A-NATURES WAY)(run in Classic99)

phm3055C.BIN  

This can disassemble to disk:

DISKASSEM.dsk Run DSKx.DISKASM with E/A Option 5

choose.thumb.JPG.c5505571723849f32316a64acbdff524.JPG

save.thumb.JPG.90a51e6eccdc6c5576754f68104b8f6f.JPG

go.thumb.JPG.67c393698eb34812a503a84200c5664a.JPG

...using Ti99Dir, I was able to extract the text.

disassem.thumb.JPG.2f16d1700515bc65df3223de32b27626.JPG

One disassembly issue is that data, such as headers/text/workspaces, are often interpreted as valid instructions... it takes a human eye to discern the true context.

By observing VDP pages with the DEBUGGER while pressing Q, I was able to detect activity at >VDP address >1F00.

BREAKVDP.thumb.JPG.6d2053306f584bbb257baa994913d89b.JPG

By setting a BREAKPOINT at a value that I observed there(>55), repeatedly pressing Q again until trapping the value, than switching to CPU view, the section of programming that caused the change can be revealed!

BREAKVDPCPUVIEW.thumb.JPG.38730cf0953db79410acf890cbb37942.JPG

:cool:

Edited by HOME AUTOMATION
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1