IGNORED

Images for ROMs, FlashROM 99, FinalGROM 99, manuals, strips, and more

OLD CS1

6 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

:grin:

Not sure if it's what you wanted...

Pairing E/A and NATURES WAY, by renaming natures way to phm3055C.BIN

Tursi, told me how to do this...
...so if it doesn't foot the bill, don't blame me.;)

combo.thumb.JPG.f87de02a1711cf9d3a14eeaac398cf6e.JPG

phm3055G.BIN     (combined images E/A-NATURES WAY)(run in Classic99)

phm3055C.BIN 7.99 kB · 2 downloads   

This can disassemble to disk:

DISKASSEM.dsk Run DSKx.DISKASM with E/A Option 5

choose.thumb.JPG.c5505571723849f32316a64acbdff524.JPG

save.thumb.JPG.90a51e6eccdc6c5576754f68104b8f6f.JPG

go.thumb.JPG.67c393698eb34812a503a84200c5664a.JPG

...using Ti99Dir, I was able to extract the text.

disassem.thumb.JPG.2f16d1700515bc65df3223de32b27626.JPG

One disassembly issue is that data, such as headers/text/workspaces, are often interpreted as valid instructions... it takes a human eye to discern the true context.

By observing VDP pages with the DEBUGGER while pressing Q, I was able to detect activity at >VDP address >1F00.

BREAKVDP.thumb.JPG.6d2053306f584bbb257baa994913d89b.JPG

By setting a BREAKPOINT at a value that I observed there(>55), repeatedly pressing Q again until trapping the value, than switching to CPU view, the section of programming that caused the change can be revealed!

BREAKVDPCPUVIEW.thumb.JPG.38730cf0953db79410acf890cbb37942.JPG

:cool:

WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! ... That's amazing stuff to work with ... at the moment I followed the suggestion to use XB and then in case to compile it . At the moment I'm still working on sprite definition ... Please consider I'm really newbie a this is only a pure and unpretentious execize... but your stuff is a enourmous source of info for me ... an heartfelt thank you ...   

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Can the FinalGrom99 emulate an 8K Editor/Assembler cartridge with 8K ram in the >6000 to >7FFF memory space?  If it can/does, is there a memory speed difference running code in the ram space of the >6000 to >7FFF space versus an 8K E/A cartridge?

Does such an image already exist by chance?

Beery

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BeeryMiller said:

Can the FinalGrom99 emulate an 8K Editor/Assembler cartridge with 8K ram in the >6000 to >7FFF memory space?  If it can/does, is there a memory speed difference running code in the ram space of the >6000 to >7FFF space versus an 8K E/A cartridge?

Does such an image already exist by chance?

Beery

Advanced Modes

Most legacy cartridge images and homebrew programs will run as-is on the FinalGROM 99. This includes games, educational programs, tools, and programming languages.

But the FinalGROM 99 also offers two advanced modes that emulate advanced cartridge types that did not exist previously:

• [R] RAM Mode: provides up to 512 KB of ROM and 512 KB of RAM
  • [G] GRAM Mode: turns occupied GROM into writable GRAM
  • [X] RAM/GRAM Mode: provides both RAM and GRAM

To enable one of these modes for a specific image, put character R, G or X at image offset 3, also known as "reserved" byte. For legacy images, you may use a Hex Editor to modify the fourth byte. For new images, your GPL header would start like

aorg >6000
data >aa01
byte >00, 'R'  ; activate RAM mode

Note that each image type can use only certain modes, e.g., a ROM-only mode cannot use GRAM mode.

These advanced modes are mostly targeted at developers (see "How to Develop"), but RAM Mode is also required for running the Mini Memory image.

15 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Advanced Modes

Most legacy cartridge images and homebrew programs will run as-is on the FinalGROM 99. This includes games, educational programs, tools, and programming languages.

But the FinalGROM 99 also offers two advanced modes that emulate advanced cartridge types that did not exist previously:

• [R] RAM Mode: provides up to 512 KB of ROM and 512 KB of RAM
  • [G] GRAM Mode: turns occupied GROM into writable GRAM
  • [X] RAM/GRAM Mode: provides both RAM and GRAM

To enable one of these modes for a specific image, put character R, G or X at image offset 3, also known as "reserved" byte. For legacy images, you may use a Hex Editor to modify the fourth byte. For new images, your GPL header would start like

aorg >6000
data >aa01
byte >00, 'R'  ; activate RAM mode

Note that each image type can use only certain modes, e.g., a ROM-only mode cannot use GRAM mode.

These advanced modes are mostly targeted at developers (see "How to Develop"), but RAM Mode is also required for running the Mini Memory image.

I'll need to read into this a bit more as I need to understand if I have to then write to some bank to page in this memory, or if an existing 8K RAM bank is there upon selection of the cartridge.

What I need is that upon selecting an 8K Editor/Assembler cartridge with 8K ram configuration, if that 8K ram is immediately available to accept loading a program image file into from the E/A #5 loader.

I was hoping someone had this already setup.  Such a FinalGrom99 cartridge should show on the Menu screen if a user had the Myarc 512K card, the 3 options for TI Basic, Editor/Assembler, and the Myarc Basic II selections which would only be possible if the 8K ram is there.

Beery

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 8:48 AM, BeeryMiller said:

... is there a memory speed difference running code in the ram space of the >6000 to >7FFF space versus an 8K E/A cartridge?

Beery

The cartridge port has 8bit memory access, so it is consequentially governed by the same waitstate model as the 32k ram expansion, ROMs in that port, and ram such as supercarts... There is no ability for a cartridge on the 4A to control waitstates, so it isn't able to be slower either.  

What you get with the RAM mode is like the minimemory but extended... 

>6000->6FFF is rom, and bankswitched.  banking controlled in 4k chunks by writing to >60xx where xx is the desired bank number.

>7000->7FFF is ram, and bankswitched.  banking controlled in 4k chunks by writing to >68xx where xx is the desired bank number.

So, no, you can't have even an 8k supercart, but you can have a mega-minimemory. 

5 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

What you get with the RAM mode is like the minimemory but extended... 

>6000->6FFF is rom, and bankswitched.  banking controlled in 4k chunks by writing to >60xx where xx is the desired bank number.

>7000->7FFF is ram, and bankswitched.  banking controlled in 4k chunks by writing to >68xx where xx is the desired bank number.

So, no, you can't have even an 8k supercart, but you can have a mega-minimemory. 

OK, thanks for the info.

Beery

• 1 month later...