IGNORED

Vectrex photos from Revival Retro Event

cNp

What kind of sorcery is this? Star Wars arcade running on the Vectrex!! :o

Not completely...no. Basically there exists now the ability to pipe in the vector information from a computer running the rom in MAME into a vectrex. So MAME is still running the rom itself, but the video and control is handed over to the Vectrex. Without the logic to worry about, the Veccy is able to reproduce the vector graphics from vector games.

That is my basic understanding of what is happening. I'm sure someone will chime in with far more details on how it actually works.

You obviously didn't go through all the photos ;)

(yes, Stramash Zone is the full box/overlay/cart package)

I didn't see a box for that game so I didn't want to assume anything. Goddamn, how I wish the Vectrex had lasted a few more years (or The Crash had been delayed) so that there'd be more official stuff available for it. But the homebrew community has been fierce for that little droid!

Not completely...no. Basically there exists now the ability to pipe in the vector information from a computer running the rom in MAME into a vectrex. So MAME is still running the rom itself, but the video and control is handed over to the Vectrex. Without the logic to worry about, the Veccy is able to reproduce the vector graphics from vector games.

That is my basic understanding of what is happening. I'm sure someone will chime in with far more details on how it actually works.

Sounds interesting, do you know if it was using the v.st board or something new?

Edit, somehting new! see

Edited by Radfoo
  • Like 1

That looks great, more vectors!!

I am looking forward to that Starmash Zone game, with an overlay no less!

http://www.clockworkrobot.com/

From the same place that made the Nox/Death Chase boxed game? I assume/hope this one will come with a box, too. Man, finally, a Vectrex version of Battlezone!

Taking orders now. Should start shipping in a week or 2.

SZ_package-e1527448900688.jpg

• Like 1