IGNORED

Any collectors have these menu disks..Super BUSI-DOS?

Mclaneinc

As seen in the video, its got a bad sector on his one and I presume that is what he's saying amongst other stuff

Never heard pf these menu disks (afaik), rare? known type or user created with a disk ed?

Just curious...Love the drive, saw it on Atari Sector...

Paul..

As seen in the video, its got a bad sector on his one and I presume that is what he's saying amongst other stuff

Never heard pf these menu disks (afaik), rare? known type or user created with a disk ed?

Just curious...Love the drive, saw it on Atari Sector...

Paul..

Hi Mclaneinc

I found this disk image with the same loader you are looking for. A quick look at the image, it shows that the loader resides in directory sectors (361-368). This loader also can access sectors beyond 720.

madi

DYSK_31A 180 PANTHER HENRYS HOUSE BOWLING.atr

Edited by Madi
  • Like 1

Thank you Madi...

Do you by any chance remember where you got that file from?

Its something I've never had and as ever the collector I'd love to see if there's more where that came from?

Big ask but some of you guys database everything about the files :)

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Thank you Madi...

Do you by any chance remember where you got that file from?

Its something I've never had and as ever the collector I'd love to see if there's more where that came from?

Big ask but some of you guys database everything about the files :)

Paul..

Downloaded from http://atarionline.pl/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3369&page=1

This link..

Do not forget to add (.ATR) to the end of the downloaded image file.

madi

Thanks Madi, was just n there after doing a file name search on google and the dysk 31 took me to there, grabbed a few but went with your link and saw some more..Appreciated!

Odd thing is that they are not part of the games zip they do on there..I thought they would have added them to that...Wonder why?

Maybe Kaz can answer..

Edited by Mclaneinc

It is probably one of Polish initialisers with changed name. Especially for 1050 Turbo but with Happy in name. Not have it on my Nokia now and probably have it on my disk with initialisers. Do not see it on AOL now with this name. Will try to find it.

Hmmm,

the Micro DOS II+D Initializer is from Stefan Dorndorf (author of QMEG-OS, Hyper-XF-OS, DOS II+D, XDOS and others). The original version will only boot without Basic - with Basic on, you only see the READY prompt. With Basic off, the menu appears and one can load COM/XEX files, as well as single-stage CAS/BIN files (but as you may guess, no Basic files). Pressing a letter A-K (max. 11 entries!) will load the corresponding program, but pressing just Return will crash Micro DOS II+D. Last not least the first entries in the Directory of Micro DOS II+D are standard DOS 2 entries...

Now the Super Busiu DOS behaves different, one can boot it with+without Basic (no READY prompt when booting with Basic), pressing only Return has no effect (does not crash the menu) and the Directory has no standard DOS 2 entries but only "garbage". Alas, it looks like the gamedos program itself is not on the diskette, so you cannot create new disks with other programs and the loader on it - or am I too blind to see it ?

Micro-DOS II+D is a small COM/XEX file that can be loaded from DOS (or another gamedos) and initialized onto some game or demo disks that run fine without DOS (i.e. where a gamedos is enough). Do not see such a COM/XEX file with Super Busiu DOS on the uploaded disk...

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1