IGNORED

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon - WOW!

Picked this up today on the Switch using some eShop credit I had, but from what I hear it is available on just about all consoles. Man, I am pretty blown away! I have always been a Castlevania fan...well up until all of that 3D crap. This game really is a spiritual successor to the classic Castlevania series on the NES. A must have in my honest opinion and at $10 a steal.

• Like 2

Now knowing how good the developer does I am going to have to look at Blaster Master Zero. I heard quite a bit about it last year but sat on the fence. I'll probably be picking that up sometime over the weekend if time permits (between picnics, parades, beer..etc!).

Now knowing how good the developer does I am going to have to look at Blaster Master Zero. I heard quite a bit about it last year but sat on the fence. I'll probably be picking that up sometime over the weekend if time permits (between picnics, parades, beer..etc!).

It's very good. I bought and beat it on the Switch.

I backed Bloodstained on Kickstarter, so I'm supposed to get two free digital copies of Curse of the Moon. But there is a problem with the download codes for all platforms except Steam, so nobody has gotten their free download code yet. To make up for it, IntiCreates has given all backers a temporary free Steam code for B:CotM. I hate PC gaming, and I don't have a decent controller for my PC, so the keyboard controls frustrated me and I haven't played it for more than a few minutes.

I can't wait to play this on console. I know I could just drop $10 on it, but I shouldn't have to. Kinda ironic that this started as a free perk for backers, and now the backers don't get to play it on their platform of choice until later than everyone else.

• Like 1

Yup, I'll be picking this one up very soon on the Switch. Looks AMAZING. :-o

It's funny; every game I have for the Switch, save for BotW and Super Mario Odyssey, is some sort of retro-style or retro-inspired game. Other than those games, I have Cave Story +, Saturday Morning RPG, and Blaster Master Zero for it. All of those are great games, BTW.

I backed Bloodstained on Kickstarter, so I'm supposed to get two free digital copies of Curse of the Moon. But there is a problem with the download codes for all platforms except Steam, so nobody has gotten their free download code yet. To make up for it, IntiCreates has given all backers a temporary free Steam code for B:CotM. I hate PC gaming, and I don't have a decent controller for my PC, so the keyboard controls frustrated me and I haven't played it for more than a few minutes.

I can't wait to play this on console. I know I could just drop $10 on it, but I shouldn't have to. Kinda ironic that this started as a free perk for backers, and now the backers don't get to play it on their platform of choice until later than everyone else.

Seems to be the norm for backers no?

Ive beaten it once on Veteran mode. Fairly short game. Im replaying the new game mode now that gets added for beating the game once.

Its pretty nice. Im a huge Castlevania nut, and this is a good homage. Design doesnt feel as cohesive and music is forgettable, but hard to beat for $10.00.

• Like 1

I finally received my backer download code yesterday and tried it out. It's pretty fun so far. I was never a huge Castlevania guy in the first place, so I may not appreciate it as much as others, but I'm looking forward to playing through the rest of it.

Really enjoying the game so far. I beat the third boss last night (my favorite boss so far).

Overall, the game is great. My only complaint is that I sometimes have trouble jumping to the right. Sometimes when I want to jump right, I just jump straight up, but I'm getting used to it.

Really enjoying the game so far. I beat the third boss last night (my favorite boss so far).

Overall, the game is great. My only complaint is that I sometimes have trouble jumping to the right. Sometimes when I want to jump right, I just jump straight up, but I'm getting used to it.

Ive had the same problem. It's like you have to be moving forward first before you jump.

I think I'm on the final boss. It's a pretty short game but I am playing on the easiest mode.