eightbit

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon - WOW!

There is no physical release, and it's not official though it probably should be.  Designed by those who used to make them, but no longer with Konami so they can't use the names or likenesses.  it's all digital, the most valuable copy from an ownership/control stand point for now would be Steam unless they allow later LRG, fangamer or someone else to do a real run of them on a card/disc.

Not everything deserves a physical release. This is a $10 game. Let's let big budget releases be physical discs and let download games be digital only! That's how my collection works.

Not an official Castlevania game.

It's very unlikely that it will ever be physical.  It's basically a teaser game for those of us who have been waiting on the actual Kickstarter game for a few years now.  

Looks like codes did go out for Xbox One users. I just never got a notification for it. It's there though when I sign in to Fangamer's site. Can't wait to try this out this week!

Looks like codes did go out for Xbox One users. I just never got a notification for it. It's there though when I sign in to Fangamer's site. Can't wait to try this out this week!

I just got my code a few days ago for the Xbox One.

I just got my code a few days ago for the Xbox One.

Yeah, same. It seems the email notifications went out late. My code was ready over the weekend, but I wasn't notified until Monday.

Finally snagged this on the Switch last night. Didn't have much time to play, but it really feels like a "Castlevania 3.5" with the multiple routes and switchable characters. I love it so far. If this game is any indication of how good Ritual of the Night is going to be, it's going to rule! 

For Castlevania veterans, it is certainly light on difficulty. A big part of this is having multiple characters with individual health bars, and it requiring all of them to die for your entire party to actually lose a life. It's very forgiving.

That said, you get another ending for beating it with just Zangetsu and forgoing upgrades (i.e., walking past your potential comrades instead of killing them or taking them with you). This forces you to play without expanded upgrades and it's effectively the "hard mode" of the game. I had some trouble at the last couple of levels in particular playing it that way. Definitely worth trying if you haven't explored this route yet.

Boss Rush is tricky as well, as you get no backup lives, no permanent life extend upgrades, only two partial health refills between fights, and each sub-weapon you take along with you is only good for that single fight. This requires you to form a game plan in order to get through all of the fights in one swoop. For those looking for an added challenge, I do recommend trying to make your way through this as well.

I don't like it as much as Shovel Knight, but it's worth the $10. So far, I don't like most of the playable characters, I mostly just use the girl until she dies.

Ive had the same problem. It's like you have to be moving forward first before you jump.

Yeah, they're kind of copying the OLD school Castlevania jumping physics.

Not everything deserves a physical release. This is a $10 game. Let's let big budget releases be physical discs and let download games be digital only! That's how my collection works.

I wonder if Inti could swing a retro-styled bundle for a physical release? Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, Blaster Master Zero on one cart for $30?

I finally beat the game tonight and am now playing on nightmare mode. What a fantastic game. I downloaded the beta of the main game and like I figured I prefer the 8bit one. It would be awesome if they could get both games on one physical medium.

I really should snap this up either on a Nintendo system or Steam.  I'm digging the castlevania III vibe it gives off and I'm on a castlevania interest right now as i just bought another copy of famicom #3 that'll get here in another couple weeks or less. :)

It is super easy but still good. I think I got all the endings. The only thing I haven't done is the Boss Rush.

In comparison to Shovel Knight, I am unsure as to what I like more. I found Shovel Knight to be super easy too. Both have charms.