IGNORED

Making a video on TIPI tomorrow (Fri 5/25)

jonecool

Hi Guys,

I'm making a video on TIPI tomorrow. Is there anything specific (or not listed below) that you would like included in this video?

Here's what I'm planning so far (not necessarily in this order):

1. Brief Intro

2. Close-up of the TIPI + 32k Sidecar + RPi / assembly / Install (Quickly)

3. Case available for the TIPI + 32k (recently released)

4. Creating the TIPI Disk Image for the RPi

5. How to configure the TIPI to your WiFi Network

6. How to use the built-in Telnet to connect to a BBS

7. How to connect a Mouse to the RPi+TIPI and use it with TI-Artist (Thanks M@)

8. Demonstration of Chatti, Chess and SNEK (Thanks Electric and Omega)

8. Saving programs to the TIPI (TI-Basic / XB)

9. Using the web administrator to manage files (view, map to disks, etc.), how to UNC (\\tipi) into the RPi to directly copy folders to TIPI share.

10. Where to purchase a TIPI, 32k Sidecar, RPi and Case

Anything that I've missed? Hope to film the missing pieces tomorrow, edit and get the video posted soon. But, before I get into full editing, I wanted to make sure I covered everything that others might want to see. Please comment below :)

Jon

ps. You can find other TI videos I've created in my signature, if interested...

Edited by jonecool
  • Like 3

Adding one more:

How to take a .dsk file, load it into ti99dir to extract the TI files, copy the files to the PI subfolder, convert the files (on the PI), use TIPIMAP to mount the disk and run. (Thanks arcadeshopper!)

Edited by jonecool

I'm looking forward to this as well. If there's any easy navigation system for browsing folders, selecting a program to run/launch, etc., please include that if you can. It looks like there may be options for F18A users, but what about non F18A users?

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Just completed filming all segments, I don't currently have an F18A so you won't have to worry about that in this video (I'm on the list for the next batch though). I did record a segment on using TIPIMAP, but it's loading direct from the TIPI rather than a URI.

Now on to editing, this aspect will take awhile. I've not put it all together, but we're probably looking at a 30+min video. Hope to get it done later today/evening!

• Like 1

Thank you Thomas, I appreciate it! Your case is fantastic and looks beautiful on my work bench :) I couldn't have created this video and not feature it!

Very nice video! Thanks for featuring my case and site in it.

Pleased that you're happy with the case!

Thomas

COREi64

Thanks for the reply but I have looked through the entire corei64 website and find nothing related to a new metal case. Your link just gives me a "Product Not Found".

I have also looked through the entire arcadeshopper website, and again I see nothing to do with a new metal case replacement.

Is it US only ? I live in the UK, perhaps that why I'm not seeing it ?

As RickyDean mentioned, it's a 3D printed case and not metal. Here are the links, I guess the product Id changed since my original post:

http://corei64.com/store/products.php?135

and here...

https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/p/106479015

Thanks for the reply but I have looked through the entire corei64 website and find nothing related to a new metal case. Your link just gives me a "Product Not Found".

I have also looked through the entire arcadeshopper website, and again I see nothing to do with a new metal case replacement.

Is it US only ? I live in the UK, perhaps that why I'm not seeing it ?

• Like 1

jonecool, many thanks.

I do apologise, it wasn't the website, it was my browser. I use Chromium with the uBlock Origin extension, and I have it on a quite aggressive setting with lots of custom filters. I white-listed both sites and can now see images.

And I mixed up the speech synthesizer case with the 3D printed one - which is clearly plastic - now I can see it.

• Like 2

No problemo, glad you got it :)

jonecool, many thanks.

I do apologise, it wasn't the website, it was my browser. I use Chromium with the uBlock Origin extension, and I have it on a quite aggressive setting with lots of custom filters. I white-listed both sites and can now see images.

And I mixed up the speech synthesizer case with the 3D printed one - which is clearly plastic - now I can see it.

Thank you, I was going to show how to use TI99dir with the TIPI (copy .dsk files to folders on the TIPI, convert them using the web interface and mount them using TIPIMAP), but the video would have been a full hour long at that point. Since I already had a video on using TI99dir and other details pretty much covered in the TIPI video, figured it wasn't really necessary or better suited for an advanced TIPI video?

jonecool, really enjoyed your NanoPEB videos. It was the one where you describe how to use ti99DIR, that got me back using my TI. :)