IGNORED

HeliCommander. Arcade like game now available for Atari 8-bit

peteym5

HeliCommander

A New Arcade Game Now Available on cartridge Atari XL/XE Computers for $39.95

http://members.tcq.net/video61/helicommander.html

• An Arcade Action Game in the style of Chopper Command and Choplifter
  • Game Cartridge requires an Atari Computer with 16K of RAM and 1 Joystick
  • Parallax Scrolling creating a great 3D effect and colorful scrolling objects and background
  • Enemies - Choppers, Planes, Tanks, Bombers, Trucks, Bunkers, to challenge you.
  • Many Challenging Levels to play.
  • Great sound effects and music.
  • This game was extensively beta tested to assure quality
  • See video for more

post-14332-0-78638900-1527224595.jpg

post-14332-0-86452900-1527224643.jpg

post-14332-0-64151900-1527224666.jpg

post-14332-0-97861900-1527224717.jpg

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 5

LIke it....

Pro's: good action, nice to look at and ticks all the shooter boxes...SFX good..Not a huge selection but good

Cons: The music (sorry Lance but its a bit odd ;) Some tanks can be a little tough to see on certain backdrops BUT adds to the challenge..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

There is an armored vehicle that is camouflaged that is purposely harder to see that makes that game more challenging. But not that hard to see.

Some changes made since my first video posting were that you can no longer slide along the ground. What at the bottom, you are considered "landed." You cannot rescue the people unless you are landed. Touching the launch pad repairs your hitpoints, however you need to travel all the way back if the enemy is on the other side of the combat zone.

I decided not replicate Choplifter exact due because I am avoiding any cloning that too closely resembles its other platform counterpart.

The sound effect programming used in these smaller games is much more compact than something like "RMTplayer." Originally was sent up for sound effects, and I added a note table to play music. Does a simple volume decay.

I am currently busy preparing this and several other games for sale for the Atari 5200 and Atari 7800. The main reason for limited memory and cartridge ROM sizes was to allow this game to be ported to the Atari 5200.

Edited by peteym5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure where this came from. I have received several messages over the years asking about sales from Video 61 not selling outside the United States or North America. He DOES ship overseas, and extra shipping charges does apply. Any further questions, contact Video 61.

IF YOUR ORDER IS UNDER $40.00 AND YOU LIVE IN THE LOWER 48 STATES OF AMERICA, YOU WILL INCUR A $8.50 SHIPPING FEE. IF YOUR ORDER IS OVER $40.00 AND YOU LIVE IN THE LOWER 48 STATES OF AMERICA, YOU WILL RECIEVE FREE SHIPPING(EXCLUDING ANY GAME MACHINES OR COMPUTERS OR COMPUTER RELATED HARDWARE. CUSTOMER WILL BE PAYING THE FULL PRICE OF SHIPPING AND INSURANCE ON ANY GAME MACHINE OR COMPUTER OR COMPUTER RELATED HARDWARE), ON THE CARRIER OF OUR CHOICE.

HAWAII, ALASKA AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES MUST E-MAIL US WITH THEIR ORDERS FOR SHIPPING COSTS, OR CALL US AT 651-462-2500. YOU CAN E-MAIL US TO MAKE SURE THAT WE HAVE THE PRODUCT IN STOCK.

• 4 months later...

AtariSales is back up. Moved over to a new server. http://www.atarisales.com/

I designed this game in response to Atari 8-bit vs Commodore 64, in that I know the Commodore 64 will have a major problem displaying something that looks this good on an Atari 8-bit screen.

I did put many hours of hard work in this game to make it look as good as it does on the Atari 8-bit computer system, to work out all the bugs and make sure it runs on the Atari 8-bit computer. Works on any Atari 8-bit computer from 400/800, XL, and XE. Will be ported to the Atari 5200 within the next year. So far no one has reported any major problem. However since your bullets and enemy bullets are shown in alternating frames, my PC TV tuner card that displays at 30 frames per second, only shows one set of bullets. Plus with the card, there is a time lag of a few seconds, its not good for playing video games anyway. I was trying to make some recordings with real hardware, but ended up making them with an emulator. I would not recommend using PC TV tuner cards for playing video games anyway.

Edited by peteym5