IGNORED

Atari 5200 Megaoids Preview: Music Version

video61atarisales

We are busy doing some last minute fix up with some of these games. We started encountering some issues when the game was finally play on real hardware.

At anytime, you can do a YouTube search for these game titles on the Atari 8-bit to see the clear videos I made using an emulator. A few years age I started a series of games that is geared to run 400 or 600XL computers with 16K RAM that also matches the 5200. For the last year, I learned what was necessary to read the 5200 controllers, re-map Anitc,GTIA, Pokey locations, and the operating system.

• 3 weeks later...

Well,i prefer real 5200 games....no XL ports

So is there any difference??

Most of These games are assembled from the same source code the 8-bit version uses. The main difference is that a different section of programming is compiled to read the 5200 controller and console keys. Some game take advantage of analog like Megaoids and Delta Space Arena ship rotation speed is determine by how far the joystick is pressed left or right. Secretum Labyrinth Xenogenesis is 5200 specific with a new dungeon, and uses the keypad to select items in the inventory. Some games had some slight upgrades like extra music.